RIP Alan Miller | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RIP Alan Miller

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Far too young RIP. He only played half a dozen or so games at Home Park but he was a different class and clearly destined for bigger things.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Peter_Jones":32yaq72v said:
Desperately sad news.

Those of us lucky enough to see it will never forget a save he made from Andy Richie at HP.

Quite simply, out of this world.

Remember it very well as that was the day I was mascot aged 9, which also happened to be Miller's debut. Also his save against Stuart McCall in the home game against Everton is one of the finest I've ever seen.

I can't quite believe he only played for us 15 times as he's one of the few players I actually remember from that era, even though we went week in week out. He was the reason I wanted to be a goalkeeper. Utterly saddened by the news.

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
In my 50+ years supporting The Greens I've seen many fine keepers in an Argyle shirt but I can't recall seeing a better one than Alan Miller.
Taken far too soon, my thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP Alan.

Aug 5, 2015
It’s a mark of the man that so many people remember him with so much affection after all these years when he played so few games for us. RIP Pilgrim

Oct 31, 2015
Wow such sad news and too young. As others have said the fact he played for us for such a short period but made such an impression is testament alone. Thoughts to the family

RIP Pilgrim

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Best goalkeeper I have ever seen play for us.

I remember us chanting when we played Everton "We all agree, Miller's better than Southall". Magic.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Wotton is God":1qr6g1mi said:
Desperately sad news.

I too am surprised he played so few games for us.. 3 month loan spell I guess. A memorably great keeper nonetheless.
15 games... I think it speaks volumes that 30+ years later, so many of us not only remember him but consider him one of our best ever loanees.

Apr 30, 2011
My first Argyle hero, will never forget the 1-1 draw against Everton and Miller giving the best goalkeeping performance i have ever seen at HP. RIP

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008