Rivalries | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rivalries

C

Cult Of Personality

Exeter then Bristol City ( was born in Blue half of the city) and then Pompey now I work in Devonport I get the dockyard rivalry

Jan 2, 2019
I hate everything about Exeter. Will even sit in the train toilet when stopping at St David's because it doesn't smell as much. I get the Dockyard stuff with Portsmouth but it doesn't come close for me.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
IJN":2jeaezcv said:
By the way I was told few weeks ago that Joe Kinnear has advanced dementia. :cry:
That's terrible news..... tbh I haven't thought about him for ages, and he was a pantomime villain I heartily disliked ..... but he is/was a real 'character' and I am suprised at myself how much hearing that upsets me.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Exeter City, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Swindon Town, Cardiff City, Burnley, Portsmouth and Luton Town for me, can't stand any of them

Aug 12, 2018
Its all cyclical really due to our remoteness and what league we're in. But the only constant is Exeter. In the event of an FA Cup 4th round tie at HP with only 1,000 tickets on general sale due to the reduced capacity which of Exeter, Pompey or Bristols would have Pildrims queing overnight ???

Sep 6, 2006
TruroTerry":cxbtxmu1 said:
Its all cyclical really due to our remoteness and what league we're in. But the only constant is Exeter. In the event of an FA Cup 4th round tie at HP with only 1,000 tickets on general sale due to the reduced capacity which of Exeter, Pompey or Bristols would have Pildrims queing overnight ???

None

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":11w7jxzx said:
Football needs characters. God it would be boring if all managers were like Adams.

Might be on my own here but I personally think Adams is a character.. he’s managed to wind up the opposition, has been charged by Scottish and English FA’s and even upsets his own fans from time to time.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":1le6bj0i said:
Balham_Green":1le6bj0i said:
Football needs characters. God it would be boring if all managers were like Adams.

Might be on my own here but I personally think Adams is a character.. he’s managed to wind up the opposition, has been charged by Scottish and English FA’s and even upsets his own fans from time to time.

You have a strange idea of what a 'character' is.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Balham_Green":ehnth70h said:
JannerinCardiff":ehnth70h said:
Balham_Green":ehnth70h said:

Just because you hate the man it doesn't mean he doesn't have character. I think he has a lot, as we all do. Fergie was hated by most but he had character. I see many similarities in DA and Fergie, character wise.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Rivalries must be reciprocal, so surely Exeter are our true 'local' rivals? I can't really see how it could be anyone else due to the fact that Pompey and the Bristol sides have their own rivalries. Competitive rivalries are different and come and go. For example, there is no reason why we should be considered Luton's rivals any more then Greenock Morton, but for a couple of years when there was a strong rivalry due to the promotion battles. I remember it well but now Luton are just another team.

Sep 6, 2006
Pettgreen":1ptfz9ux said:
Balham_Green":1ptfz9ux said:
JannerinCardiff":1ptfz9ux said:
Balham_Green":1ptfz9ux said:

Just because you hate the man it doesn't mean he doesn't have character. I think he has a lot, as we all do. Fergie was hated by most but he had character. I see many similarities in DA and Fergie, character wise.

Theres a big difference between having character and being a character.