Rochdale GAME OFF (New date 24th April) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rochdale GAME OFF (New date 24th April)

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
While I think postponement was the right call due to travel safety, I can’t understand why none of the premiership games have been postponed? Surely they will have the same safety issues for their fans travelling etc?

Nov 18, 2011
GreenDave1981":2sv8trvj said:
While I think postponement was the right call due to travel safety, I can’t understand why none of the premiership games have been postponed? Surely they will have the same safety issues for their fans travelling etc?

Cause the TV companies are the ones who decide if Premier League games go ahead or not and they don't give two hoots about traveling fans, just look at some of their scheduling!

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":yyvei85n said:
Balham_Green":yyvei85n said:
Wonder what Adams will do regarding match fitness with no game for 2 weeks

Argyle have two matches scheduled for mid week, on Tuesday a Central League match away against Swindon and on Wednesday a SWPL game against Callington, so I would expect the fringe first team players to play in one of them, most likely the Swindon game.

Just the fringe players? The regulars need to stay match fit

Apr 5, 2008
Shame they called it off.They knew all week it was getting cold.Obviously no plans in place for the pitch.

Nearly every game in league one and two off,pathetic.Lets hope we never get a freeze up that lasts a month ,what would the clubs do then. :lol:

Apr 9, 2011
It always seems bad weather prem matches always get played why? even with the tons of money slopping about there the same safety issues must surely apply re surrounding roads foot paths etc or are they in a position to employ hundreds of snow clearers ?

Heathrow Green

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Nope. But 10k+ people walking up to a stadium will effectively clear the path.

Getting there for the supporters is anothe issue. Sky/BT still want the game on even if the stadium is empty.

Sky money. Killing the game. But everyone wants a slice of it.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
phil-thefluter24":19ko0315 said:
It always seems bad weather prem matches always get played why? even with the tons of money slopping about there the same safety issues must surely apply re surrounding roads foot paths etc or are they in a position to employ hundreds of snow clearers ?

One element has been removed in the Premier League, that being the frozen pitch. Ten of the EFL's 23 postponements today were official called off because of frozen pitches. Premier League rules state that all clubs must have undersoil heating from the second season after promotion. Of course that has no impact on the surrounding streets, stairways and walkways but as you say, clubs can afford to manage these external problems.

Sep 6, 2006
moles40":3m01p7o0 said:
Shame they called it off.They knew all week it was getting cold.Obviously no plans in place for the pitch.

Nearly every game in league one and two off,pathetic.Lets hope we never get a freeze up that lasts a month ,what would the clubs do then. :lol:

Very silly post. What did you expect them to do? Install undersoil heqting?

Feb 28, 2016
Quintrell_Green":287uv6x7 said:
gaspargomez":287uv6x7 said:
I reckon Sunday would have been Ok but it’s just 24 hours too early. It’s a shame they can’t arrange such a change at short notice.

I think the football pools companies have an influence, as it affects their logistics, if ad hoc short notice match changes occur.

There’s only one Pools company now isn’t there? Littlewoods and Vernon merged a few years ago. Pretty sure they also include Sunday fixtures too. The Pools panel, (which I don’t think has changed since the 1970s!) will be deciding what the results of today’s postponements would have been.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
GreenArmy1984":26uy5d3z said:
Was it Rochdale Away 24th April 2002 ?

Champions 2002
No Paul. We played Rochdale on March 26th.