Roof | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Roof

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
plymouth1970":3ai8wccs said:
Reading this post has confused me even more!!

Q1 is the roof being extended towards the pitch?
Yes, by 4m

plymouth1970":3ai8wccs said:
Q2 Is the roof being replaced with an exact replica in dimension?
In length, yes. In width, no - see above.

Simples :thumbup:

Feb 17, 2017
plymouth1970":1jd8dtc9 said:

Thanks
The roof is not being extended in phase 1 which is all we need to look at, so basically no it’s not being extended.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Neilz5419":2ou7nbb9 said:
plymouth1970":2ou7nbb9 said:

Thanks
The roof is not being extended in phase 1 which is all we need to look at, so basically no it’s not being extended.

Sorry to pee on your chips matey but
The roof IS being extended towards the touch line but the Club has shelved the plan to extend the roof sideways to ward the Barn Park end

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Indeed. From a previous blog:

The roof of the grandstand will be completely new; it will have a brand new design which allows us to take it a further four metres towards the Mayflower touchline – the maximum we can do with the existing structure - providing significantly more coverage to our fans who will be enjoying the views from the new Mayflower stand.

Feb 17, 2017
Argyle Nutter":2ymp2xuc said:
Neilz5419":2ymp2xuc said:
plymouth1970":2ymp2xuc said:

Thanks

Sorry to pi$$ on your chips matey but
The roof IS being extended towards the touch line but the Club has shelved the plan to extend the roof sideways to ward the Barn Park end

Don’t worry matey I don’t mind wet chips. I stand corrected, this is all getting very confusing to be honest, all these changes are hard to keep up with. So we are getting a new roof and extended out 4 meters in phase 1, noted.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
The drawings of the grandstand don’t look as if the roof is being extended out towards the pitch?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Chaps (both of you) try not to bring what you read as gospel on Lloyds page back to here to discuss.

It's a tad boring to be honest. It's far better to deal with fact rather than hate fuelled fiction.

Feb 17, 2017
My source is from the plans not from Facebook or anywhere else, I couldnt see any extension on that I’ll have to have another look. Apologies should have read the blog more thoroughly.

B

Bonehead

Well that’s now much clearer :-

The roof is being extended, but it isn’t , although it will in phase 2 , but phase 2 ain’t gonna happen, oh and somebody’s Chips got peed on. Are we paying 5 million for some additional seats, some new changing rooms and a portacabin used for a control room? Ice rink looks nice though.

Jun 2, 2016
plymouth1970":348a59s1 said:
Well that’s now much clearer :-

The roof is being extended, but it isn’t , although it will in phase 2 , but phase 2 ain’t gonna happen, oh and somebody’s Chips got pi$$ed on. Are we paying 5 million for some additional seats, some new changing rooms and a portacabin used for a control room? Ice rink looks nice though.
I fear you're right. The Chief Investment Officer of a major US financial firm has just turned over £5m for some plastic seats and a portacabin. What an idiot eh. They really saw him coming.

Feb 28, 2016
Army green":a4zqapw8 said:
Is the new roof still being extended slightly forward over the mayflower though?

By about 13ft, which they reckon will alter the look of the stand, probably for the worst ascetically but being a former Mayflower terrace ST holder it will be welcomed by those you sit there, although presumably there will still be uncovered seats down the BPE. Wonder how much cheaper they will sell those for.

Sep 23, 2003
London
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but does anyone know if the pillars that are holding the existing roof in place will still be there post new roof, continuing to restrict the view for some?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Dan_King":1ufkq61c said:
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but does anyone know if the pillars that are holding the existing roof in place will still be there post new roof, continuing to restrict the view for some?

yeah they will, to remove them would require the whole structure of the stand to be rebuilt