Rugby at HP? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rugby at HP?

• Thread starter Gareth Nicholson
  • Start date
Jun 16, 2006
richy2704":2n5kjkk4 said:
xmastree":2n5kjkk4 said:
There was a bizarre rumour at one time that the Board were considering Rugby LEAGUE - how egg chasing for northerners would pull the fans I fail to understand.

There is a massive following for rugby league in the south west and if there was to be a league team I reckon you would pull in more fans than Albion get, I beleive though that the exhibition idea like the Murrayfield Magic weekend plus touring international teams is more likely to happen in the short term.
Bold statement richy. What have you based it on?

The Harlequins RL Franchise only attract 2,500 - 3,500 to the Stoop in the capital, where there will be far more exiled M62ers..

I vaguely remember many moons ago that there was a Rugby League based at Devonport Sevices for a short while.

With the money that Albion have spent on their ground in recent yeays and the development would that not be wasted money if they then switched to HP?

I personally think it is a great idea as it would generate revenue and a number of other grounds do this to great affect.

Perhaps though we should offer it up to a bigger team like Exeter Chiefs or DHS Old boys...

G

Gareth Nicholson

Lewdownlee":1j2v5z49 said:
With the money that Albion have spent on their ground in recent yeays and the development would that not be wasted money if they then switched to HP?

I personally think it is a great idea as it would generate revenue and a number of other grounds do this to great affect.

Perhaps though we should offer it up to a bigger team like Exeter Chiefs or DHS Old boys...

And there's the rub. All these new revenue streams is fine, but where does the revenue go? To the club or to the company that owns the ground? My guess is the latter.

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
big-green":2hjt96n8 said:
GreenEden":2hjt96n8 said:
big-green":2hjt96n8 said:
cheshiregreen":2hjt96n8 said:
One to ask Mr T on the 18th?

Mr T at a senior green meeting stated that rugby league could be play on the new pitch, also they were looking at show jumplng.

Show Jumping ? Surely a Joke ?

No, you have too listened carefully to what these people slips in.

Innum bhey.

A

Anonymous

Gareth Nicholson":e03t56nx said:
And there's the rub. All these new revenue streams is fine, but where does the revenue go? To the club or to the company that owns the ground? My guess is the latter.

Yet another question for KT in the Q&A session.

G

Gareth Nicholson

IJN":37jvkpbf said:
Gareth Nicholson":37jvkpbf said:

Yet another question for KT in the Q&A session.

Yeovil fans are asking the same questions.

F

Forever The Optimist

No rugby will be played on the pitch until next summer at the earliest. Whether it'll be for Albion or just exhibitions I don't know. Apparently the new surface is so good that hosting other events on it (including concerts) won't have any noticeable effects on its quality.

S

Super Mackie

Forever The Optimist":2ytuwz5d said:
No rugby will be played on the pitch until next summer at the earliest. Whether it'll be for Albion or just exhibitions I don't know. Apparently the new surface is so good that hosting other events on it (including concerts) won't have any noticeable effects on its quality.
Insider? :)