Russell Moore's book. NOW IN THE CLUB SHOP!! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Russell Moore's book. NOW IN THE CLUB SHOP!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
ZXEZjSP.jpg

What a beast it is as well, it's a real visual treat and takes you through those wonderful heady times, game by game.

Some of the photos are amazing and where all the press clippings have come from God only knows, but it's like a scrapbook of those times in a very plush (and heavy) book.

I'm only five chapters in, but am hooked already. :scarf:

It couldn't be easier to order, simply go to https://argylebooks.co.uk put it in the basket and then proceed to checkout.

Take it from me, this is an absolute cracker of a read, and one you can pick up at leisure and have another glance at your favourite game.

Some say (including me) that the "Shilton Team' was the best, but in Tony Waiters era, we had Mariner and Rafferty and we knew, when we played in those days, that we were probably going to score more than the opposition.

Great days and a great book for old timers and Argyle connoisseurs alike. :scarf:

Just one of the hundreds of photos in Russell's book
sYjUSH7.jpg

Steve Dean

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
I've had a pre-release copy and it's a corker! Thoroughly recommended. Like Russell's first book (the history of Home Park) it's a monster, even larger than before - 512 pages on quality paper and a hardback cover, so a real collectors item. Priced at £30 it's worth every penny. Unfortunately the postage and packing is another £7.50 for UK addresses, but that's because it weighs over 3 kg! Russell will post overseas, but please contact him for the delivery cost (there's a contact form on his website).

Russ's first book sold out, but because of the production costs, he's had fewer printed this time - so don't wait too long! An ideal Christmas present from your better half?

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
Missed out on the Home Park edition due to dithering, haven't made that mistake this time and have just ordered myself a copy. Appetite certainly whetted after reading the comments on here, hopefully be able to add similar once it arrives.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
PutneyPete":2a87b3rw said:
Home Park, Plymouth, A Pictorial History

There is some hope for those of us who did not get a copy first time around, that there may be a second edition!

https://argylebooks.co.uk/index.php?rou ... duct_id=50

Sorry – now sold out. It is intended that an enlarged and revised second edition of this book will be available following the redevelopment of the grandstand.

Fingers crossed on that one Pete.

Feb 28, 2010
Mannamead
I too have been incredibly lucky to get a pre-release copy as a birthday present.

***** (five stars!)
ABSOLUTE MUST for any true Argyle fan to relive a true golden era with undoubtedly some of our most iconic players and a great manager.
An incredible book that stands right alongside Russell’s Home Park Pictorial History and also the cult Nearly Men in my humble opinion.

The photographic and newspaper coverage is just brilliant. And to actually finally read Tony Waiters’ perspective is quite something.

Trying not to read it, before passing on as a special birthday present, but just can’t help myself !

A real pick me up in this current difficult moment, and makes you remember why you fell in love with this great club, and of course the book covers a number of times when the team endured similar runs of form.

Well done Russell - a true masterpiece!!!

KEEP THE FAITH
JASON
Ps - well chuffed with 1975 promotion photo of the fans and players celebrating on the pitch. This is actually my first vivid childhood Argyle memory, and can remember the players spraying champagne all over us from the grandstand press gantry.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Can't wait to get it.

This era was when I truly believed our club was headed for top flight football. I was at school then so perhaps a little naive but golden days with goals galore. Never really forgave the Robert Daniel board for selling both Mariner & Rafferty and then sacking Waiters with 4 games to go ( we weren't even in the relegation places!).

Atmosphere like no other in my time - Blackburn home 28000 crowd on a Tuesday. 38,000 v Everton in 4th round FA Cup. Winning 7-3 @ Bournemouth and 5-1 @ Hereford. Great times.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Love that Hereford game, Argyle fans everywhere, Hereford battered us and we still won 5-1. Great days to be an Argyle fan.

It was attack, attack, attack in those days.

Russell’s book brings all of the Waiter’s era back with a bang!

If you didn’t live through those days, why not read what it was like to support a team that picked up national interest?

Sep 1, 2006
I had a big part in production and it’s a beast. Case bound and quality photographs

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Is/ will this book be available in the Argyle superstore.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
Dreaded the prospect of us going down in '77, yet things were looking up with a few games to play; however when it counted the wheels fell off and with Waiters recently departed was there to witness the knock-out blow at Bramall Lane.

Anyway, really looking forward to getting the book which I'm sure will capture the golden era that got us into the old Division 2 as well as our cup exploits and the emergence of Rafferty and Mariner.

Steve Dean

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
dunlop":34lfdevu said:
From what I understand, not for the moment, but that could change, depending on how many books Russell is able to have printed, not to mention whether the superstore would want to take it on.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
GreensOnScreen":378gi8sn said:
dunlop":378gi8sn said:
From what I understand, not for the moment, but that could change, depending on how many books Russell is able to have printed, not to mention whether the superstore would want to take it on.

Thanks Steve