Ryan Lowe - two years at Argyle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe - two years at Argyle

Oct 10, 2012
Last season (particularly the last few months) have cast doubt into my mind about him as a manager. However I can only praise he shifted Canavan and Wootton in January and I feel he got the retained list correct this summer. Hopefully he’s learning from his mistakes and continue to help us rise up the table.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
At least, next season, he will have the crowd behind him. By that, I mean in the dugout. Supporting him if things are going well or giving him ‘advice’ when they are not. Always assuming that crowds are back, of course.
I think that he is a manager who thrives on this and last season there were times when he did not seem to encourage them from his technical area when things were going wrong.
If the crowd, particularly those behind him, think he is sulking they will let him know.
2021/2 is a crucial season for our club and our manager.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
A very positive individual who is trying very hard to convey his dreams & aspirations to the green army in the only way he knows by non stop talking

Sometimes he says to much & he is probably learning we do not need to know everything

He did say towards the end of the last season he realised what was needed & required to be competitive in league 1 & he would do his upmost to give the team the tools needed to be competitive ( we can only judge him by the calibre of signings that walk through the door during the close season)

Next season will determine whether he was true to his word regarding learning from mistakes made & making as he calls it the Argyle Family better

Only time will tell

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
doozer":p4mv2gob said:
Love the positivity he brings , have enjoyed some of the football we’ve played in spells and you have to say promotion then survival is a good return.

I think next season is a huge one for Ryan lowes career . There were times last year when we looked rudderless and he didn’t seem to have the answers.....I put a lot of that down to poor recruitment , I don’t think it was possible to be solid defensively with those players ....if he can show that he’s learnt from last year , recruit better players and achieve a top half finish , then we’re moving in the right direction....I’m fully behind him
Good summary. This season petered out into a flat disappointment - but the frustration was that underneath the flaky, fragile surface that too often collapsed like bad soufle there lurked a very decent team. So like others I harbour doubts about him but want to see if he has learned and can put things right - then we could have something quite special. My remedy would be to get at least a couple of real sh1thouses in - players we'd hate if they were playing for the opposition. We need some bite and character to go alongside the football.....ideally ones who can play a bit too but character is the most important element lacking.

Dec 30, 2020
First season: getting promoted first season after a painful relegation when all our best players left and most of the worst ones were stuck on the wage bill for another year was a huge and under-appreciated achievement.

Second season: Promising at times, ended disappointingly but with a lot of mitigating circumstances and while still comfortably surpassing the minimum expectation of staying in League 1.

I do think there's an 'Emperor's New Clothes' syndrome about the style of play. There's more of an intent to pass the ball to feet but it's fundamentally the same 5 or 6 man defence system that we played under John Sheridan.

Nov 26, 2019
He has done as much as could be expected in all honesty promotion from Div 4 and a steady season just done proper job.
This season will tell us more? My problem with him is if I’m right he won’t move down here? That says a lot so I think he’ll move on ?
I hope I’m wrong NHB and we a get another Mark Robins who’s worked wonders at Coventry!

Nov 26, 2019
St Just man":2obdatih said:
He has done as much as could be expected in all honesty promotion from Div 4 and a steady season just done proper job.
This season will tell us more? My problem with him is if I’m right he won’t move down here? That says a lot so I think he’ll move on ?
I hope I’m wrong and we a get another Mark Robins who’s worked wonders at Coventry!