Ryan Taylor - why would I want to leave this football club? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Taylor - why would I want to leave this football club?

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
The guy is immense, his contribution to our turnaround in fortunes is almost unparalleled ! Love the fact he lives it here so hopefully he owns a nice long contract before the summer!

Jul 29, 2010
Bubba":ljpdp2o3 said:
Sounds to me like give me a contract type statement and it’s very welcomed and well timed, the club has that feel good factor at the moment for sure.
Yep, get it done Argyle, while the 'buzz' is still strong.

Feb 15, 2005
It’s the sort of article we should show to prospective players during the forthcoming summer.

May 8, 2011
Bubba":vve9vn1g said:
Sounds to me like give me a contract type statement and it’s very welcomed and well timed, the club has that feel good factor at the moment for sure.

Did you read the full article?

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
HC Green":2c3jr6co said:
Bubba":2c3jr6co said:

Yes why?

Jan 27, 2012
Bloke behind me on Tuesday said that Jervis wanted a new contract, but Adams could only offer it to him in the summer once he knew his playing budget. How he knows that, I have no idea !

I hope thats bollox and the club ARE tryin to offer contracts to the key players right now.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Bubba":1jimp34z said:

Yeah, a deffo 'sign me up' statement. And good on him for saying this.

May 8, 2011
Bubba":1qnyqf81 said:
HC Green":1qnyqf81 said:
Bubba":1qnyqf81 said:

Yes why?

Because he was asked whether there had been any talks about the contract and he answers ‘maybe’, which means yes.

And as people keeping saying Argyle can offer the best contract in the world, the player doesn’t have to sign it until he wants to.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Yes I saw that.

Maybe there has, maybe there hasn’t but either way, to me, it’s a make me an offer and I would accept.

Oct 31, 2015
Absolutely loved this article. Well done Ryan. If we keep him on a long term contract and he stays fit he could be another Trigger

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
gaspargomez":xs10lcii said:
Bloke behind me on Tuesday said that Jervis wanted a new contract, but Adams could only offer it to him in the summer once he knew his playing budget. How he knows that, I have no idea !

I hope thats bollox and the club ARE tryin to offer contracts to the key players right now.
Maybe he decided that Jervis was surplus to requirements.

We got ÂŁ125k for him and he dropped down a league. I think the same logic applied with Ben Purrington in the last January window although Ben went up temporarily.

DA is prepared to back his judgement and, hopefully, that will lead to Ryan Taylor’s contract being extended sooner rather than later.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
gaspargomez":324dgebq said:

It's a rumour started on the Facebook group. I wouldn't believe it.

Feb 2, 2007
PlymOdi":1q5kxol2 said:
gaspargomez":1q5kxol2 said:

It's a rumour started on the Facebook group. I wouldn't believe it.

It MAY well be true for a squad player like Jervis who would not be in the “MUST KEEP” category. For the lads like Taylor, Carey, Edwards, Derek will know his “playing budget” sooner and be in a position to tie up contracts.

Mar 23, 2008
Great to read, shows that whilst its sometimes hard to get players here, once they ate here they often love it. Such a beautiful place to live. Helps also if the football side is right of course!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Tommy Tynan is a very good example. Left Argyle to go back up north to Rotherham. Returned on a very successful loan then re-signed. When his football career was over, including a short time as manager of Goole Town, he returned to Plymouth and has been here ever since.