Scott Laird!!!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Scott Laird!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Emu":9bc493j2 said:
Cobi Budge.":9bc493j2 said:
Quinny":9bc493j2 said:
Jesus wept. Another frikking let's-sign-an-ex-Argyle-player thread...

This.

There are instances in which a player returning is positive (e.g. Wotton, Reid, Luke) but the fact is there are a ton of players like Scott Laird around, and the only reason he's been mentioned on here is because he's an ex player.

I disagree. He's had 200 plus league appearances, including 70 odd in the league above, is a good age, plus he's from the south west.

Kellet is a good player for us but he's not ours for the long term.

When he was here before we were in the championship, a much tougher prospect breaking into the team as a youngster.

What's not to like about this if there is any truth it?
I broadly agree. Like Reid and McCormick's returns, he would objectively be viewed as a good signing based on his record even if he didn't have the PAFC history to his name. But I would say one caveat- would he fit into a 3-5-2? Is he a left-wing-back or merely a left-back...

D

dan058

LWB more than a LB. He has even played LM for PNE which makes him a good utility player to have if Sheridan makes formation changes.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
dan058":2puhg5ht said:
LWB more than a LB. He has even played LM for PNE which makes him a good utility player to have if Sheridan makes formation changes.
I think he'd be a fine addition then in that case, regardless of if he's a former player. A good age, versatile and experience of doing well in League One. If we can't keep Kellett, he'd be a great January signing.

D

dan058

Somehow Sheridan needs to be informed as I know he would love to return

G

Greenskin

Dan Ellard":2ol6w8s9 said:
Far too good for us I'm afraid.

That mentality needs to start disappearing and fast if Argyle are to make progress.This is the time when the club should be looking to improve the squad and planning ahead for at least the third tier of English football.People like Coughlan,Hodges,Keith,Worrell,Evans etc were playing at a higher standard than the fourth division when they joined in the Sturrock days,as were Billy,Baird,Littlejohn,Heathcote,Mauge etc when Warnock was in charge.Why should Argyle not be an attractive proposition for a player? The club is not in it's natural position in the pecking order and i would imagine that everyone in football knows it.Even if not Laird specifically,that is the standard of player that the club should be pursuing now if they are serious about getting up to somewhere near a decent level again.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Nothing to do with our ambition.

Scott Laird is a very highly rated League One player who will be in the Championship before long. Preston aint going to release him so we'll have to spend silly money on getting him here. Which we don't have. Do you fancy administration again?

D

dan058

His contract is up in the summer and he loves Plymouth Argyle it's the team he supports

G

Greenskin

Dan Ellard":6sytg9en said:

Scott Laird is a very highly rated League One player who will be in the Championship before long. Preston aint going to release him so we'll have to spend silly money on getting him here. Which we don't have. Do you fancy administration again?

If you read my post with a little more care,then you'll see the "not specifically Laird" bit of it.The general point is that if Argyle are to progress,then players of the right quality must be acquired to meet the standard as you travel up through the leagues.Fancy a permanent future in the fourth division?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Dan Ellard":2u4hp7m3 said:

He's not getting in their team though is he?

D

dan058

Why would you spend "silly amounts of money" on a player who's contract is up in the summer?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
dan058":28bgcwxc said:
Somehow Sheridan needs to be informed as I know he would love to return
If he's that keen to get back down here and he doesn't think he'll get a new contract why doesn't he get his agent to do his job?

Status
Not open for further replies.