Scott McGleish | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Scott McGleish

M

MylesPAFC

northcountryboy":1kp1ysuz said:
monkeywrench":1kp1ysuz said:
Daz":1kp1ysuz said:
:? :?

His question is a valid one isn't it? How on earth can someone say he will have to play for less than a grand a week when no one knows who the owners are or the budget?

Yes, quite!!

I agree. It's annoying people quote facts but are not in a position or knowledgeable to say so. The owners will decide what we can afford.

As for calling him an obnoxious T**t just makes you look worse. Poor.

Where was my quoted fact?

MylesPAFC":3gbj8svv said:
Some people on this site make me laugh, you know exactly what he was getting at, my comment was not about how much of a budget we will be given next year, it was due to the fact that we nor can any other club in league two afford to pay a 37 year old has been more than £1000 per week, which if any of you any common modern day footballing knowledge you would agree with me. I stand by what I called him, if it was face to face conversation half the people on this forum would not say the stuff that they do say, really does my nut in!

What is your problem? You flew off the handle at a valid question being asked back to you? Out of interest if you were in a face to face conversation with said person would you still call them an Obnoxious tw*t?

It make ME laugh that people like you think they are better than others and hate it when they challenge your opion. It is sad that all you can come back with is Obnoxious tw*t rather than an educated answer along the lines of:
"whilst we are awaiting new owners one can only assume the figure of £1000 a week would be too high for League 2. Historically when Argyle have paid an inflated wage for players they have turned out to be failures, for example, Mpenza and West. I would be cautious if we were to pay any player over the odds in this league as we are in a position where we potentially can't afford to sustain their wage."

This would of been polite and respected.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
MylesPAFC":2okloblk said:
Some people on this site make me laugh, you know exactly what he was getting at, my comment was not about how much of a budget we will be given next year, it was due to the fact that we nor can any other club in league two afford to pay a 37 year old has been more than £1000 per week, which if any of you any common modern day footballing knowledge you would agree with me. I stand by what I called him, if it was face to face conversation half the people on this forum would not say the stuff that they do say, really does my nut in!

your dead right ....... its easy to call someone an odnoxious twit behind a key board for no reason ..
I was just answering your question... the bit i said "NOT BEING RUDE " kind of gives the impression that i was not having a go at you .

Well now i am so f**K OFF ......... AND IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT THEN YOU ARE MY GUEST TO SAY IT TOO MY FACE ........... have a nice day :)

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Getting back on topic from the bickering above..

I think McGleish would be a great signing. He may be 37, but the fact he scored 17 League One goals this season shows that he would still be able to cut it in L2. Albeit maybe only for one more year, but the fact he's at Orient whose budget is fairly small, i would imagine he would be available for a reasonable wage. Obviously like others have said, we dont know what financial constraints we'll be working under, but i think McGleish would be a good signing.

I'd much prefer him up top to Fallon. He's good with his feet, wins a lot of headers and knows where the net is. If we're going to escape L2 quickly, we need someone whose going to knock in 15+ goals and McGleish can do that that. He'd just need a decent strike partner to link up with. Preferably not Fallon, Patterson or Mason.

C

charlee

Nobby":2a1axwcv said:

I think McGleish would be a great signing. He may be 37, but the fact he scored 17 League One goals this season shows that he would still be able to cut it in L2. Albeit maybe only for one more year, but the fact he's at Orient whose budget is fairly small, i would imagine he would be available for a reasonable wage. Obviously like others have said, we dont know what financial constraints we'll be working under, but i think McGleish would be a good signing.

I'd much prefer him up top to Fallon. He's good with his feet, wins a lot of headers and knows where the net is. If we're going to escape L2 quickly, we need someone whose going to knock in 15+ goals and McGleish can do that that. He'd just need a decent strike partner to link up with. Preferably not Fallon, Patterson or Mason.

:iagree:

Dec 28, 2010
Nobby":2duwzkk2 said:

:appl: :appl:

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
charlee":268nld95 said:
Nobby":268nld95 said:

:iagree:

So do I!!