Scottish training base? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Scottish training base?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Is the location of Argyle's training base in Scotland published anywhere? Luggy in his early days based his pre-season training for a week in Scotland. Perhaps the club is going back to one of those places.

Jan 4, 2016
RL said Glasgow yesterday in the press conference whilst talking about Lewis Page.
ā€œheā€™s been staying with us this week and then heā€™ll come to Glasgow with usā€

I havenā€™t heard it mentioned elsewhere. At the start of the presser he just says Scotland so I wonder if he didnā€™t mean to mention Glasgow specifically just yet.

https://youtu.be/8iOlSzJ66KI
7:45

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ā›³ļø
šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æ
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Read somewhere that He said he also has a game lined up, Rangers sprang to mind with his old mucker Stevie G, but with the Scottish Premier in full swing I canā€™t see it unless itā€™s against an u23 or the like.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
One of my sisters who lives up that way suggested Cameron House Loch Lomond and after having a look at their website reckon that could be the base. Only a guess!
:scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
It might be that we are staying at the Oriam training centre, it's where Scotlandā€™s national team train, it also has an on-site hotel, although it's near Edinburgh and not Glasgow. Hull City will also be there but would we play a friendly against a rival League One team?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
PL2 3DQ":fcpwbkpm said:
It might be that we are staying at the Oriam training centre, it's where Scotlandā€™s national team train, it also has an on-site hotel, although it's near Edinburgh and not Glasgow. Hull City will also be there but would we play a friendly against a rival League One team?

I would expect to see Hull City remain within their own 'bubble' and not likely to entertain another club in their vicinity. I seem to recall the Scottish RFU using a training base at Largs. At least it is on the right side of the country to play against a Rangers XI

May 28, 2019
Semaphore05":2578jo3m said:
One of my sisters who lives up that way suggested Cameron House Loch Lomond and after having a look at their website reckon that could be the base. Only a guess!
i think you are spot on here, in todays plymouth live he said ā€œThe lads can have a round of golf and we can do a bit of kayaking and Loch Lomond sightseeing or whatnot."

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
Semaphore05":345sx3hi said:

The Cameron house hotel is very nice and very expensive. Stayed there a couple of years ago.
In the present situation I would have thought this was an unnecessary expense

Why doesnā€™t the club just tell us where they are going? Why all the secrecy?

Jun 27, 2019
I just so happen to be going up to Scotland today for a week, about an hour from Loch Lomond.

Would love to pop along and watch a game or training session but I very much doubt I'll be allowed.

Sep 25, 2010
Jimmytheoneo":33zv8he4 said:
Semaphore05":33zv8he4 said:

The Cameron house hotel is very nice and very expensive. Stayed there a couple of years ago.

Why do we need to know?

It is a Scottish training base, they donā€™t want fans looking over fences, thru hedges.

Let them get on with it.

Jan 27, 2012
Wherever they are staying, it shows the excellent financial backing of Simon Hallett at a time when most League One clubs would have very little revenue, with no certainty of things improving in the near future.

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
gaspargomez":p591xz4u said:
Wherever they are staying, it shows the excellent financial backing of Simon Hallett at a time when most League One clubs would have very little revenue, with no certainty of things improving in the near future.

I thought this. Although I am sure that all aspects of the club's finances are being very carefully managed and are under strict constraints I find it encouraging that we are still going about things in a relatively normal fashion.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Jimmytheoneo":2jw68lor said:
Semaphore05":2jw68lor said:

Do you have to take the high road or take the low?
It's very nice around there.

May 8, 2011
greybeard-kernow":3vlbn61t said:
Semaphore05":3vlbn61t said:
i think you are spot on here, in todays plymouth live he said ā€œThe lads can have a round of golf and we can do a bit of kayaking and Loch Lomond sightseeing or whatnot."

From my memory the Cameron House doesnā€™t have any outdoor pitches and with all indoor leisure facilities like gyms and pools still closed in Scotland it wouldnā€™t seem a likely place to stay. I wouldnā€™t have thought Argyle would be allowed to use another teams training facilities due to the strict protocols Scottish football have to abide by. Hearts have been told to stop training as it has been restricted to the Scottish Premiership teams.

If they are on the west side of Scotland then the National Sport Centre at Largs may be a likely candidate.