Season ticket waiting list- club announcement | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season ticket waiting list- club announcement

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
Rightly or wrongly, i'd still say that 90% of the people that signed up to Evergreen (me included) did it a) to put money into the club but equally as important to them b) was the chance to get tickets. The stash was very much, I would wager, largely irrelevant.

For away games - correct me if i'm wrong but bar a handful of games (Millwall, Bristol City, Stoke, QPR I'm sure there are others) getting tickets if you are Evergreen has been doable (so its worth it). For those that use it for home tickets principally you'd have thought they'd hang on wouldnt they, as home tickets are still hard to get on general sale? I dont know as I have an ST so I may be wrong.

Also *IF* we go down then most of the away allocations will be smaller next season as, by extension, the grounds themselves are smaller - reinforcing the need to be on Evergreen.

Sorry I know this isn't an evergreen debate.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
How much more do you think is ok? Mine would have gone up 40% in the last 2 seasons if I’d stuck with what I had.

I’m now buying 2 adult season tickets and two children at normal prices. I used to spend about £70 to £100 on a matchday in the ground on food/drink for the family and mates I met up with. I won’t have access to those areas next season and certainly won’t be standing in the cold at the back of the mayflower. We’ll get there as late as we can and leave at the end as we’re now separated from mates we’ve been going with for years. Won’t affect the club next season of course, just affects long term fans like me that paid over the top when we were poo.

I get that and I fully sympathise mate.

Prob is we have a growing number of fans that want a ST to see Argyle that currently can't get one and we haven't got a ground big enough to accommodate everyone. So what is the solution?? Obviously make Home Park bigger in the long term - but until we do manage to increase our capacity by say at least 2,000 it might not please fans but I would expect the club to put prices up slightly to try to reduce the financial gap against other championship football clubs and provide a better product on the pitch for fans to see - otherwise we'll be back in League 1 before we know it (that's assuming we manage to stay up this season).

Maybe it's been researched before but does anyone know how Argyle compared against other championship clubs in terms of the average ST price?

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
I get that and I fully sympathise mate.

Prob is we have a growing number of fans that want a ST to see Argyle that currently can't get one and we haven't got a ground big enough to accommodate everyone. So what is the solution?? Obviously make Home Park bigger in the long term - but until we do manage to increase our capacity by say at least 2,000 it might not please fans but I would expect the club to put prices up slightly to try to reduce the financial gap against other championship football clubs and provide a better product on the pitch for fans to see - otherwise we'll be back in League 1 before we know it (that's assuming we manage to stay up this season).

Maybe it's been researched before but does anyone know how Argyle compared against other championship clubs in terms of the average ST price?
Not the full story, but...

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Not the full story, but...

I saw that - these figures look quite out of date tho, at least in terms of Argyle and a sample of teams I randomly checked on other club websites??

Not all clubs have put out their prices for the coming season ST prices, but those that I did find are below;

Sheff Wed av ST is £675 shows an increase of £80 from this article.
Norwich av ST is £590 which is a £56 increase compared to the article.
Middlesborough av ST is around £600 - an increase of £80 from this article
Bristol City av ST is around £536 - an increase of £161 from this article

So on this small sample check the reality is that Argyles av ST price of £515 is cheaper than every other Championship club checked so far...

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2005
How much more do you think is ok? Mine would have gone up 40% in the last 2 seasons if I’d stuck with what I had.

I’m now buying 2 adult season tickets and two children at normal prices. I used to spend about £70 to £100 on a matchday in the ground on food/drink for the family and mates I met up with. I won’t have access to those areas next season and certainly won’t be standing in the cold at the back of the mayflower. We’ll get there as late as we can and leave at the end as we’re now separated from mates we’ve been going with for years. Won’t affect the club next season of course, just affects long term fans like me that paid over the top when we were poo.

There will always be someone willing to take your place.

The club are always looking for more money, and we're sold out every week so just be thankful for what you have had, probably very cheap, if they can sell out each time even with higher prices.

Supply and demand usually kicks in.

Feb 8, 2005
Rightly or wrongly, i'd still say that 90% of the people that signed up to Evergreen (me included) did it a) to put money into the club but equally as important to them b) was the chance to get tickets. The stash was very much, I would wager, largely irrelevant.

For away games - correct me if i'm wrong but bar a handful of games (Millwall, Bristol City, Stoke, QPR I'm sure there are others) getting tickets if you are Evergreen has been doable (so its worth it). For those that use it for home tickets principally you'd have thought they'd hang on wouldnt they, as home tickets are still hard to get on general sale? I dont know as I have an ST so I may be wrong.

Also *IF* we go down then most of the away allocations will be smaller next season as, by extension, the grounds themselves are smaller - reinforcing the need to be on Evergreen.

Agree. People buy evergreen for differing reasons, but if you bought in order to get the stash I would suggest that you are buying for the wrong reasons.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003

The club are always looking for more money, and we're sold out every week so just be thankful for what you have had, probably very cheap, if they can sell out each time even with higher prices.

Oh pee off Jim. Do you actually read posts before commenting on them?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

Anyone know of any Empathy courses Jim could enroll on anyone... ?

Feb 8, 2005
But it's true.

There is plenty of money around, it's just all concentrated in the well off!!

Us poorer lower classes (and us pensioners) cannot afford to sit at the top table.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Twas ever thus.

If you cannot afford something then there will always be someone else who can.

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton

I don't want to read too much into things as potential omens for the future, but my Evergreen pen has a crack in the internal body of it, which is making it increasingly difficult to use without the various sections going everywhere.

This is annoying because it is really good to write with!

Apr 4, 2004
But it's true.

Us poorer lower classes (and us pensioners) cannot afford to sit at the top table.

Twas ever thus.

Yes you are right. The club has to maximize income using the laws of supply and demand if we want to be able to compete in this league. It’s either that or we have to accept we are forever a lower league club. I don’t like the thought that my place as a fan will be filled by someone wealthier the moment I can no longer afford to attend. But that is where football is. Argyle didn’t make it so, they are just trying to make a go of it in a place that is unforgiving for the have nots.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
But it's true.

Twas ever thus.

There you go Daz, in one post you've been condemned as the poorer class, as I know you're not a pensioner. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Daz

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
But it's true.

Twas ever thus.

Tell me your seat number and I'll give the club a bell and tell them I'll give them a £100 more for it for next season.

I also posted that I paid £4k for 2 adults and 2 kids tickets (about £800 worth of seats) which certainly was not 'very cheap' as you put it. No one else wanted them seats when we were in league one. A good mate of mine who is extremely wealthy has also been turfed out of his seats that he's had since the regeneration. There are very few people as wealthy as him in Plymouth and he's decided against it.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
There you go Daz, in one post you've been condemned as the poorer class, as I know you're not a pensioner. :ROFLMAO:
On a serious note, its not the affordability of the tickets for me, its the value and I don't see the value in them so won't be renewing. As mentioned in my last post my mate who also has 4 is not bothering at all with 2 of his and will only be getting 2 Mayflower tickets. That is a few thousand pounds lost from people going there for years to new people that will replace us next season. The question is will those new people pay it if we get relegated next season?