Season ticket waiting list- club announcement | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season ticket waiting list- club announcement

Jan 6, 2004
For away games - correct me if i'm wrong but bar a handful of games (Millwall, Bristol City, Stoke, QPR I'm sure there are others) getting tickets if you are Evergreen has been doable (so its worth it). For those that use it for home tickets principally you'd have thought they'd hang on wouldnt they, as home tickets are still hard to get on general sale? I dont know as I have an ST so I may be wrong.
Did any away match tickets get to the evergreen window that did not subsequently go to open sale?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I don't want to read too much into things as potential omens for the future, but my Evergreen pen has a crack in the internal body of it, which is making it increasingly difficult to use without the various sections going everywhere.

This is annoying because it is really good to write with!

I'm sure if you contacted the club they would give you a new pen Jon...

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Tell me your seat number and I'll give the club a bell and tell them I'll give them a £100 more for it for next season.

I also posted that I paid £4k for 2 adults and 2 kids tickets (about £800 worth of seats) which certainly was not 'very cheap' as you put it. No one else wanted them seats when we were in league one. A good mate of mine who is extremely wealthy has also been turfed out of his seats that he's had since the regeneration. There are very few people as wealthy as him in Plymouth and he's decided against it.

£4k for 2 adult and 2 kids tickets!! :oops:

Were you seated on a hovering platform just above the centre circle??

Reactions: WasthereatBury

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
£4k for 2 adult and 2 kids tickets!! :oops:

Were you seated on a hovering platform just above the centre circle??
Apparently very cheap.

Exactly the same seats as I'm sat in now, that the club would like £7200 for. Hence why I don't see the value.

Still, I've got the memories as some would say. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

May 16, 2016
If the waiting list for STs is as long as stated, I'm sure there'll be enough willing to buy one regardless of any potential relegation.

Renewals might take a bit of a hit and I'm sure some on the list not take up the chance to buy should their turn come around, but it'll mainly be the rate of individual matchday sales that sees any noticeable drop.

I've got 3 renewals looming, 2 of which will be entering a new age group. Hopefully the increase isn't too steep as I can see a day coming where it no longer retains it's 'value' (assuming I remain the sole funder of the tickets).

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
The ones I could see making cutbacks to Evergreen now some of the novelty / excitement isn't as apparent is the season ticket holders that are also Evergreen premium.

I'm in this bracket (this isnt a "who is a better fan" point by the way, we all do our bit however we can) and whilst i'm not planning on cancelling i get no benefit from tickets through EG and don't need a pen etc (though I really like my pen, I'm actually using it now....well not right now....but you get the idea) but if i was going to make cutbacks this would be an easy one to make.

I could see some drop off there.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
On a serious note, its not the affordability of the tickets for me, its the value and I don't see the value in them so won't be renewing. As mentioned in my last post my mate who also has 4 is not bothering at all with 2 of his and will only be getting 2 Mayflower tickets. That is a few thousand pounds lost from people going there for years to new people that will replace us next season. The question is will those new people pay it if we get relegated next season?

Forgive me been a while since I was a season ticket holder (for obvious reasons) so I’m not sure if something like this already exists, but it seems to me that football clubs in general could do with rewarding longevity with discounts. Evergreen discounts (which are indirectly paid for) might be a complicating factor but it should be possible to engineer say 3, 5, 7 and 10 and 15% discounts dependent on number of successive renewals. This could easily be offset by increasing the base price slightly and/or away fan ticket prices.

It may be tokenistic but would show the club is recognising loyalty - something that it may one day be glad of (though we hope not). If I were season ticket holder I’d prefer this over Evergreen based discounts which as I say are indirectly paid for.

Feb 8, 2005
Forgive me been a while since I was a season ticket holder (for obvious reasons) so I’m not sure if something like this already exists, but it seems to me that football clubs in general could do with rewarding longevity with discounts. Evergreen discounts (which are indirectly paid for) might be a complicating factor but it should be possible to engineer say 3, 5, 7 and 10 and 15% discounts dependent on number of successive renewals. This could easily be offset by increasing the base price slightly and/or away fan ticket prices.

It may be tokenistic but would show the club is recognising loyalty - something that it may one day be glad of (though we hope not). If I were season ticket holder I’d prefer this over Evergreen based discounts which as I say are indirectly paid for.
The club want to increase their profits, Frank, not decrease them by giving discounts!

If we, the green army, want the club to improve itself in the footballing world, then we have to accept that some sacrifices will have to be made.

Simon Hallett is doing all he can to get us up the leagues, but he will need our help to improve things further (eg increasing the player budget for one thing).

Feb 8, 2005
Apparently very cheap.

Exactly the same seats as I'm sat in now, that the club would like £7200 for. Hence why I don't see the value.

Still, I've got the memories as some would say. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I don't mean to belittle you, Daz, but if you are not prepared to pay that huge increase (and there must be a logical reason why it has increased so much), and I don't blame you one iota, then there will be someone who will pay that. It is the nature of following a successful football club, whilst the feel good factor is still with us.

It will be up to the club to define what they ask of their supporters and this will be down to supply and demand, a very difficult thing to predict. I hope they have got it right, we could do with the extra money.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I don't mean to belittle you, Daz, but if you are not prepared to pay that huge increase (and there must be a logical reason why it has increased so much), and I don't blame you one iota, then there will be someone who will pay that. It is the nature of following a successful football club, whilst the feel good factor is still with us.

It will be up to the club to define what they ask of their supporters and this will be down to supply and demand, a very difficult thing to predict. I hope they have got it right, we could do with the extra money.
Jim I understand supply and demand, I own a business that runs on it, so please save me the business lessons mate.

I also hope that the club have got it right.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
The club want to increase their profits, Frank, not decrease them by giving discounts!

If we, the green army, want the club to improve itself in the footballing world, then we have to accept that some sacrifices will have to be made.

Simon Hallett is doing all he can to get us up the leagues, but he will need our help to improve things further (eg increasing the player budget for one thing).

Suggest reading what I wrote Jim about offsetting with other tickets and discounts.

Dec 3, 2005
If prices increase by those amounts mentioned above, then at some point there will be a backlash from Supporters, not just Argyle's but other Clubs too. It feels like football is taking the pee out of the Supporters.
If or when it goes wrong, the supporters who have supported any team, for all their life and feel like they have been ostracised from attending, due to the prices, they will probably not be there when the Club slides backwards. Also those who have jumped on the gravy train, when the going is good, will jump ship.

Oct 31, 2015
A business
Blimey not a very lucrative business for most of the owners when you look at the losses. Granted a couple of huge clubs probably role in it but the losses are insane.

Not sure that's a good business model😁

What I will say is owning a club has become a play thing for the rich list. 🤦

ChepstowGreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
It's all very well talking about 'others will pay anyway' as some sort of justification for pricing out fans..

but if every ground in the country becomes soulless without any atmosphere, because clubs drive their core fanbase away, football as a 'product' will lose out and ultimately the 'business' will be hit.

Short term gain does not necessarily mean long term gain.

Fortunately I think most clubs do get this, including Argyle as well - Daz's scenario excluded perhaps, although things will become clear when ST prices are revealed more widely.

It's also important for Argyle to remember that the fact that 3200 fans (+) are on the waiting list for STs, that does not necessarily mean they will all jump at the chance to buy, if seats become available. It'll be a new decision based on price / affordability / need at that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: djg145