Season Tickets (any news?) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season Tickets (any news?)

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
So in the Telegraph this morning, Sir Jeremy Farrarr who sits on Sage (sounds uncomfortable) said “I would predict, I would guess, that we will start to see a few increases in cases”

Don’t you just love the word 'guess' from a top expert?

However, the experts in this country are generally talking more about localised 'spikes' rather than 'second waves', whilst also using phrases like 'knife edge' as they 'guess'. I would 'guess' that if there is no huge increase in cases for instance in Liverpool or other areas such as Bournemouth and all the cities which hosted major BLM protests, then we can make our own assumptions about open air risk, dependent of course on underlying health conditions etc.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Nothing wrong with guessing. Pasoti loves a score prediction but at the end of the day they’re just a guess too.

Dec 3, 2005
HC Green":19z6hasw said:
If the EFL wait for all the playoffs to be completed before they start compiling the fixture lists and then do the consultation with clubs, police etc then it will be at least mid August before they publish them as the Championship final is scheduled for 4th August.

I know this is a unique situation we are in, BUT why are the Play- Offs being played over such a long period?

I mean we have had the 2nd Division Final, but the 1st Division Play- Offs havent even started yet, along with the Championship. I can't see a reason for them to spread them out so much. Except obviously they would have to deep clean Wembley Stadium, especially after Exeter being there :)

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
djg145":ktfhyfpz said:
HC Green":ktfhyfpz said:
If the EFL wait for all the playoffs to be completed before they start compiling the fixture lists and then do the consultation with clubs, police etc then it will be at least mid August before they publish them as the Championship final is scheduled for 4th August.

I know this is a unique situation we are in, BUT why are the Play- Offs being played over such a long period?

I mean we have had the 2nd Division Final, but the 1st Division Play- Offs havent even started yet, along with the Championship. I can't see a reason for them to spread them out so much. Except obviously they would have to deep clean Wembley Stadium, especially after Exeter being there :)

Got to spread everything out over the maximum number of days with the minimum amount of overlap so that as many games as possible can be shown on the TV channels I guess.

May 28, 2019
djg145":ryyhkntx said:
HC Green":ryyhkntx said:

what a daft question! is it not obvious, league one took weeks longer to agree on poinst per game, and the championship are still playing until the end of july, , they can not have play offs until the league has finished doh !

Dec 3, 2005
greybeard-kernow":k4n7vs6s said:
djg145":k4n7vs6s said:
HC Green":k4n7vs6s said:

what a daft question! is it not obvious, league one took weeks longer to agree on poinst per game, and the championship are still playing until the end of july, , they can not have play offs until the league has finished doh !

OK thanks for your reply!

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Shankster":35zwkjby said:
Was speaking to Director of NHS Devon (I’ve worked as part of UK Gov. consultation for industry during pandemic) this week and they are ‘expecting’ a second wave during which the South West is likely to suffer greater numbers affected than other parts of the country.

You should expect stadia to be open for sporting events as early as Sept. this is based on virus loading in outside areas BUT subject to guidance and further peaks. Fundamentally the welfare aspects such as toilets and covered areas are the main issue, as is the case for all businesses

I live in Torbay and was surprised to see that the figures for infections in the 'South West' include hospitals near Gloucester!! I hope we will not be penalised by the shenanigans of people several hours drive away in Bristol, W-S-M, Taunton, Cheltenham, etc.