Set Pieces | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Set Pieces

Sep 6, 2006
Lousy_Pint":2k036mv3 said:
jimsing":2k036mv3 said:
One reason why Nouble comes on near the end is to assist the defence when we are defending a lead or drawing and to add to the forward height as a target man when we are behind.

Funny you should mention this, I was wondering if our Frank could, possibly, be 'converted' into a central defender?
His usefulness up front (apart from running down the clock) would mainly be as a target man. But, as we don't lump balls forward, this potential aspect of his game is largely untested.
Could he do a job alongside Opoku and Watts? Just wondering.

He's certainly not a target man though is he? Unable to win many headers or hold the ball up.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Balham_Green":2ho9al7e said:
Lousy_Pint":2ho9al7e said:
jimsing":2ho9al7e said:
One reason why Nouble comes on near the end is to assist the defence when we are defending a lead or drawing and to add to the forward height as a target man when we are behind.

Funny you should mention this, I was wondering if our Frank could, possibly, be 'converted' into a central defender?
His usefulness up front (apart from running down the clock) would mainly be as a target man. But, as we don't lump balls forward, this potential aspect of his game is largely untested.
Could he do a job alongside Opoku and Watts? Just wondering.

He's certainly not a target man though is he? Unable to win many headers or hold the ball up.

Quite right, that's why I'm asking the question.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Do throw-ins count as a set-piece? (They certainly do at Cheltenham).
We scored the winner against Sunderland from a throw-in.