Shilton interview on Radio 2 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Shilton interview on Radio 2

Pip

Mar 31, 2004
Maidstone
Gillingham have now failed to win in their last 32 away matches. This morning, comments from an interview with Peter Shilton were on Radio Kent. He was trying to give advice to Gills based on what he experienced when he was at Argyle who he said went through a similar run. Was he referring to 1994-95 and just how many away games did we go without winning. I never remember anything at Argyle quite as bad as the Gills record although time can sometimes allow us to forget. Does anyone know?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Pip":2xlqm976 said:
Gillingham have now failed to win in their last 32 away matches. This morning, comments from an interview with Peter Shilton were on Radio Kent. He was trying to give advice to Gills based on what he experienced when he was at Argyle who he said went through a similar run. Was he referring to 1994-95 and just how many away games did we go without winning. I never remember anything at Argyle quite as bad as the Gills record although time can sometimes allow us to forget. Does anyone know?

That season it took us until our 5th away game before recording a win (Cardiff). Later during the season we went 7 games (twice) before registering an away win.

Courtesy of Greens on Screen.

Greens on Screen

P

Paul_Roberts

Pip":f4tfkd89 said:

I think he would be referring to 92-93, when we were woeful away from home. We certainly didn't go anything like 32 games without a win, but I think we won at Preston early in the season and then didn't win away again until February. It was just defeat after defeat - even Exeter and Torquay (in the cup) beat us.

It was after the appalling Torquay loss that John McGovern went into the Plainmoor boardroom to apologise to McCauley. The rollocking he copped was so abusive the room was cleared in a matter of seconds.

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
I always thought Clemence was better anyway.

And no matter how good the 93-94 team might have been going forward, I've never been able to romanticise about them due to their complete lack of balls (witness throwing away automatic promotion then doing the same in the play-offs) plus the fact that it was pretty much the same side that then proceeded to take us down to the 4th for the first time ever the next year.