Shirt Sponsorship - Bond Timber | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Shirt Sponsorship - Bond Timber

Dec 25, 2005
Mutley
It appears that getting builders for large contracts is exceedingly hard these days, so I don't know that Classic Builders (or any large business in that field) need to be drumming up business. Saying that, it could simply be a community or brand exercise, so who knows. I've always thought that given major international brands spend on marketing (coke, mcd's, starbucks, ford etc.) that given the likely TV coverage even prior to the upcoming season, shirt sponsorship would be a drop in the ocean.

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
The DREAM sponsor (for me anyway) would be St Austell Brewery, either Doom Bar or Korev brand on the front of the shirts. Granted I know a beer/alcohol wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea (no pun intended). Plymouth Gin on the sleeve.

We seem to promote the Turmeric Company a lot too, that would also look cool and be a bit different.

And yes, the sponsor will have been long since signed up.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
The DREAM sponsor (for me anyway) would be St Austell Brewery, either Doom Bar or Korev brand on the front of the shirts. Granted I know a beer/alcohol wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea (no pun intended). Plymouth Gin on the sleeve.

We seem to promote the Turmeric Company a lot too, that would also look cool and be a bit different.

And yes, the sponsor will have been long since signed up.
Errrrmmm............. isn't Doom Bar brewed by Sharps?

South Hams James

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 10, 2011
Surely, given that 'Classic Builders' i hear are the chosen main contractor for Brickfields (cant see it online anywhere) they must be the new shirt sponsor. No doubt their price for the brickfields job included this seasons shirt sponsorship, meaning likely a higher income than Bond Timber, in part as Classic Builders can use this sponsorship as advertising and claim it against their tax bill. Win Win.

Feb 11, 2024
Also noticed Bond Timber in Bobby's Garden was already gone yesterday
Yes, i found that very odd. Im praying it means some more seating but its probably more likely to be sponsor related. I just hope we dont go back to the Mickey mouse eyesore with weeds growing through again, i felt that looked very lower league

Feb 11, 2024
The Range. National Brand, headquartered in Plymouth. Would be good
Why not complete the Naff branding and try B&M or poundland, maybe cash convertors. Dont think the Range fits the modern image Argyle are starting to portray, it screams cheap!

Reactions: Paul H

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Surely, given that 'Classic Builders' i hear are the chosen main contractor for Brickfields (cant see it online anywhere) they must be the new shirt sponsor. No doubt their price for the brickfields job included this seasons shirt sponsorship, meaning likely a higher income than Bond Timber, in part as Classic Builders can use this sponsorship as advertising and claim it against their tax bill. Win Win.
They can claim it as an expense, thereby reducing the tax by up to 25% of that expense, but the expense doesn’t get deducted from their tax bill. Pedant alert. ;)