Simon Hallett coronavirus statement | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Simon Hallett coronavirus statement

Returnofthepob

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
Ade the green":1td5lpbm said:
All these things should be secondary to the ongoing CV19 crisis but as yet I’m not (apart from football) seeing any concrete evidence of how bad it is or how bad it is likely to get. There’s a worry but no more as as yet I don’t know if anyone that has been afflicted.

There’s 1/4 million people who have been afflicted. 10,000 poor souls have lost their lives.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Returnofthepob":kxsejfml said:
Ade the green":kxsejfml said:
All these things should be secondary to the ongoing CV19 crisis but as yet I’m not (apart from football) seeing any concrete evidence of how bad it is or how bad it is likely to get. There’s a worry but no more as as yet I don’t know if anyone that has been afflicted.

There’s 1/4 million people who have been afflicted. 10,000 poor souls have lost their lives.

:facepalm: He doesn’t know anyone that has won the 50/50 either so decided to discredit that on here. Unless Ade knows someone that’s been affected, it hasn’t happened in his world.

Get a grip you dopey....

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Daz":2xxnvyu2 said:
Returnofthepob":2xxnvyu2 said:
Ade the green":2xxnvyu2 said:

:facepalm: He doesn’t know anyone that has won the 50/50 either so decided to discredit that on here. Unless Ade knows someone that’s been affected, it hasn’t happened in his world.

Get a grip you dopey....

Really! How has it actually affected you as yet? If you read the quote properly you see I said I have seen no concrete evidence of how bad it is or could get. Yes, there’s people working from home but has any of my neighbours stopped going to out every day to work or to shop. If you boil down how bad it is here at this particular moment in this particular area of the world I’d bet you haven’t seen any difference except the lack of bog paper and pasta in Tesco. I’ve worked throughout Devon and Cornwall this week and traffic hasn’t disappeared, I’m not the only one having to go to petrol stations. Fast food outlets are still open at the moment.

If I lived in Italy I would have a different view I’m sure but I don’t, so once again you play the man instead of the ball. You’re not interested in what I’ve written only that it’s my name at the top of the post.

Furthermore, what the f... is my opinion about the 50-50 got to do with this thread? You need to control yourself.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I own a company... not hard to find out which one as we sponsor this site and I’ve been on here for 15 years. The phone stopped ringing about last Wednesday I’d say and the only calls I’ve had since are people pulling out of the deals we’ve agreed too.

I’m lucky as we have had an unbelievable last couple of years and I’ve not peed it against the walls, so fingers crossed we’ll be ok for the next 6 months. There will be many of my competitors (friends) who will not last that long.

That’s how it has affected me.

That’s the reality of business. Not a hunch based on you having no mates.

I’ve not asked argyle for the £1100 I paid 11 days ago for the table for the Exeter game back yet either as I’m hoping we’ll all be ok. That said, I will do if I need to pay a supplier and the bank account is dry because of this problem or I need bog paper or pasta.

Returnofthepob

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
Ade the green":2ij406qi said:
Daz":2ij406qi said:
Returnofthepob":2ij406qi said:
Ade the green":2ij406qi said:

Get a grip you dopey....

Really! How has it actually affected you as yet? If you read the quote properly you see I said I have seen no concrete evidence of how bad it is or could get. Yes, there’s people working from home but has any of my neighbours stopped going to out every day to work or to shop. If you boil down how bad it is here at this particular moment in this particular area of the world I’d bet you haven’t seen any difference except the lack of bog paper and pasta in Tesco. I’ve worked throughout Devon and Cornwall this week and traffic hasn’t disappeared, I’m not the only one having to go to petrol stations. Fast food outlets are still open at the moment.

If I lived in Italy I would have a different view I’m sure but I don’t, so once again you play the man instead of the ball. You’re not interested in what I’ve written only that it’s my name at the top of the post.

Furthermore, what the f... is my opinion about the 50-50 got to do with this thread? You need to control yourself.

You didn’t say in your original quote “in this particular area of the world” did you?

This is a global issue. And there is plenty of evidence. It is the very nature of the world (being a big place) that some areas will be affected more than others.

It seems that you are not interested in matters away from your doorstep yet a global disaster unfolds in front of your eyes.

Just because it’s not in your back yard doesn’t mean the issue doesn’t exist.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Returnofthepob":3q241ezv said:
Ade the green":3q241ezv said:
Daz":3q241ezv said:
Returnofthepob":3q241ezv said:
Ade the green":3q241ezv said:

Get a grip you dopey....

You didn’t say in your original quote “in this particular area of the world” did you?

This is a global issue. And there is plenty of evidence. It is the very nature of the world (being a big place) that some areas will be affected more than others.

It seems that you are not interested in matters away from your doorstep yet a global disaster unfolds in front of your eyes.

Just because it’s not in your back yard doesn’t mean the issue doesn’t exist.

Right. Just to be clear, I am not nor have I ever said this crisis is not real or that I don’t believe it has taken life in an unprecedented way. What I have said is that I have not seen the impact save for moronic stockpiling and the closing down of sports.

Having COPD myself I can tell you that I am diligently following the information being broadcast as it could affect me greater than asking for my money back from Argyle (which they don’t have btw) but I’m not seeing it, not because it’s not happening but because we at the moment have skirted around the worst at the moment.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Daz":3jlnw2hg said:
I own a company... not hard to find out which one as we sponsor this site and I’ve been on here for 15 years. The phone stopped ringing about last Wednesday I’d say and the only calls I’ve had since are people pulling out of the deals we’ve agreed too.

I’m lucky as we have had an unbelievable last couple of years and I’ve not pi$$ed it against the walls, so fingers crossed we’ll be ok for the next 6 months. There will be many of my competitors (friends) who will not last that long.

I’ve not asked argyle for the £1100 I paid 11 days ago for the table for the Exeter game back yet either as I’m hoping we’ll all be ok. That said, I will do if I need to pay a supplier and the bank account is dry because of this problem or I need bog paper or pasta.

Really, the same insult once again. You really don’t have any imagination do you.

Maybe because I have mates that don’t follow football and not have to be so enveloped in one aspect of life that I can see there is more to life than wow! Being a very successful businessman (your words, not mine) and still be so petty in your spare time on an Internet forum.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Ade the green":2mtk4gwy said:
Daz":2mtk4gwy said:

I’m lucky as we have had an unbelievable last couple of years and I’ve not pi$$ed it against the walls, so fingers crossed we’ll be ok for the next 6 months. There will be many of my competitors (friends) who will not last that long.

Really, the same insult once again. You really don’t have any imagination do you.

Maybe because I have mates that don’t follow football and not have to be so enveloped in one aspect of life that I can see there is more to life than wow! Being a very successful businessman (your words, not mine) and still be so petty in your spare time on an Internet forum.

Jeez. That’s some word twisting going on there. You asked a question and I answered it.

Fingers crossed that this doesn’t effect you in any other way than no pasta and big roll Ade. (Genuinely).

May 16, 2016
Believe me, you're all in for a worse time than you are now. I'm currently into almost a week of a minimum 14 Day Spanish Lock Down. Police are stopping Traffic and Fining people for breaking any of the new Rules (eg €600 for having more than 1 Person in a Car without good reason). The majority of people are remaining indoors, some workers can get to work but not all as all the Bars and Hotels are shut.

No panic buying but limited Supermarket produce and controlled access is just about the only reason I will be able to go out (alone) for a while.

Despite this, the Infection and death count has increased. Like the UK, it wasn't taken seriously enough by everyone earlier. It's no good paying lip service anymore. Just because you're not seeing or experiencing anything other than no bog roll, doesn't mean it's not coming. Look how quickly the Government and Banking plans are changing.

Life is changing dramatically for everyone. Upper lips and defiance don't work anymore.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Daz":2eg1knmw said:
Ade the green":2eg1knmw said:
Daz":2eg1knmw said:

Jeez. That’s some word twisting going on there. You asked a question and I answered it.

Fingers crossed that this doesn’t effect you in any other way than no pasta and big roll Ade. (Genuinely).

I asked two questions. So what has my opinion of the 50/50 draw got to do with this thread? You talk about twisting what’s been written and this is the second time you’ve brought up a subject I stopped having an opinion about weeks ago and said as much in a post. Of course, your treatment of me and my thoughts are biased for whatever reason and you’ll continue to bully because your position as a moderator coupled with your position of sponsor leaves you bulletproof.

I don’t give a poo what you say about my medical position because I know it’s fake.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Wow.

I commented on the 50/50 as you seem to have a problem with something not being real if it hasn’t directly impacted you. You cast doubt on the 50/50 draw because you didn’t know anyone who had won it (well you do, but you think that’s because they are well known to the club). You then commented that you haven’t seen any concrete evidence of how bad this virus is, again because you hadn’t seen it on your door step.

I’ll leave you to it.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Didn’t you write this in response to the Big Green lottery big money decider.

In the same way I asked if the BGL could post where the winner was bought you’ve accused an Argyle player of deliberately not giving his fella a chance. Did you accuse him of cheating?
But that’s okay, I’m sure I’d wrote it you’d have come after me.

Re: Big Green Lottery
by Daz
» Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:08 pm
Site Admin, Telford Sponsor

cheshiregreen wrote: There's a winner!

Great way of deciding it.

https://twitter.com/Only1Argyle/status/ ... 98880?s=19

I'd be pretty peeved if my man didn't even kick his!

Also:

Thanks Davie, I saw the video. I was commenting on the player that did not kick his ball, hence not have a chance in the end.

Well done to the winner. :clap: