Simon Hallett podcast interview | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Simon Hallett podcast interview

Jun 27, 2019
Argyle Nutter":1263kauf said:
IJN":1263kauf said:
He got the 'we can learn from rugby' comment wrong though didn't he? :wtf:

Apart from miking up the ref' (which I think is brilliant) I'm not sure what that sport can teach football.

How about being able to enjoy a pint or two whilst watching the game. Yes you will always get those that will over exert themselves but I think filling up before the game exasperates the issue somewhat.

The pondlife will still fill up before the game and then drink more at the game just because they can. I agree that being able to have a beer in your seat is the mark of a civilised sport, but unfortunately there are far too many uncivilised types in football who would ruin it for everyone.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Pointblank":16bl12bl said:
Can we go back to the Director of Football comments, whereby a shortlist of 4 players would be put forward to the Manager by the DOF for him to select which one of those 4 players that he wants !

Thats a massive change of direction and one that has failed to retain decent managers over time when they feel that there wings are being clipped.

Who is this mysterious DOF ??

I listened to a podcast recently that interviewed the guy who does a similar role in Liverpool, he and his team analyse the data behind a series of players and present 3-5 options to the manager to choose.

It's less about clipping the wings and more about ensuring managers have the full facts before they make a decision.

Apr 30, 2011
Liam Vercoe":3mtiafkv said:
IJN":3mtiafkv said:
...I think his point about changing plastics into ST holders is a bit pie in the sky, but let's hope I'm proved wrong...

It could happen Ian, that's exactly what happened with me.

Well if we are not trying to increase the fan base then we may as well accept that we will only ever be a L1/L2 yo yo club. The easiest recruits to season tickets are the fans that pick and choose their games (I am one of these due to family and work commitments)as they are already interested in the club and attending the ground regularly/occasionally