Sky new TV deal & kick-off times | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sky new TV deal & kick-off times

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I understand a clause in the new deal is that more notice will be given.

Correct and I believe the fixtures picked up until 3rd round of FA Cup will get announced before season starts

Reactions: SurreyJanner
Oct 1, 2015
The extra money is great for the club, but for me personally l don't think the kick off times will be something many of us like.

It's puts extra pressure on people maybe trying to have to find more money for accommodation because a lunchtime kick off means they don't want to be making a 4am start if going to beyond the Midlands. We know how our road infrastructure is so you need to give yourself some wiggle room.

I also don't think it means we are spending 10+ million on transfer fees. As people forget the higher the transfer fee the more expensive their wages.

I am curious about the deal & await It's impact. I just think at times football clubs will do anything to sell their soul. The extra exposure is good, but at what cost to the match day going fans.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The usual weekend time slots will depend on Premier League games and the Sunday afternoon game is always a PL game so Sky have to fit in five Championship games in the time slots of Friday evening, Saturday lunchtime, Saturday early evening, Sunday lunchtime, Sunday early evening and Monday evening.
Plus I wonder if Saturday and Sunday 7.45pm kick-offs will also be used?

There's also five L1 and L2 games to fit in each weekend.

Feb 8, 2005
The usual weekend time slots will depend on Premier League games and the Sunday afternoon game is always a PL game so Sky have to fit in five Championship games in the time slots of Friday evening, Saturday lunchtime, Saturday early evening, Sunday lunchtime, Sunday early evening and Monday evening.

Sky have sufficient football channels to do that.

Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs

It's mad, ruining football in my opinion.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sky have sufficient football channels to do that.

I'm aware but would they broadcast two or more games at the same time? Probably not.

If we had been relegated we'd be one of the bigger teams in L1 and probably a regular pick for Sky games.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Sky are launching a new channel from August, in the details it says that each Championship team will be featured at least 24 times. I'm assuming that means that at least 24 of our games won't be Saturday 3pm games? Great for those of us who struggle to get to Home Park but I'd guess there will be lots of interesting kick off times going on.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's also this and does it mean the entire first weekend of the EFL season will not be kicking off at 3pm on the Saturday?

"The scale of Sky Sports+ will be evident from the opening weekend of the 2024/25 EFL season, with every game from across all three divisions - the Championship, League One and League Two - streamed live, a first in broadcasting history."

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
I assumed that that meant that the blackout won't be in operation that weekend as the EFL starts before the Prem and all EFL games are on?

Also, every Carabao Cup game is on TV now.

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
There's also this and does it mean the entire first weekend of the EFL season will not be kicking off at 3pm on the Saturday?

"The scale of Sky Sports+ will be evident from the opening weekend of the 2024/25 EFL season, with every game from across all three divisions - the Championship, League One and League Two - streamed live, a first in broadcasting history."
The 15:00 blackout rule on a Saturday doesn't start until the Premier League season begins the following weekend, so a number, the vast majority I would imagine, of these games will be on live tv at that time.

Reactions: PL2 3DQ

zakbrown96

✅ Evergreen
Mar 22, 2013
24 games bare minimum will be on sky sports so you could say potentially 30 ish games on tv. That means the amount of 3pm games next season are going to be few and far between

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
Realise I'm an outlier but as someone who has to make an approx 5hr round trip to HP, i prefer a 12.30 or 5.30 (or later) kick off on a Saturday, compare to 3pm, as it doesn't decimate the whole day and is therefore easier to get 'clearance' for, from the other half.