Sky quick to take yer money | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sky quick to take yer money

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
:lol: :lol:

So now Premier league and Championship football is coming back of course they’re going to charge for it. What do people expect, it to be free?

As for not having subscriptions paused, every provider offered a way of doing this. If you didn’t act on this or at least ask the question then you’ve only got yourself to blame. :lol:

Jul 14, 2008
Sam Barker":2tqxdhup said:

So now Premier league and Championship football is coming back of course they’re going to charge for it. What do people expect, it to be free?

As for not having subscriptions paused, every provider offered a way of doing this. If you didn’t act on this or at least ask the question then you’ve only got yourself to blame. :lol:
It is a bit of an odd argument. Bit like saying that when non essential shops re-open later this month that they should not charge customers for a week and just let people take stuff off the shelves for free.

Apr 1, 2017
Argyle-sy":251cmh3i said:
Us on Virgin media didn't get any pause on our Sky Sports packages, so have been having to pay the full amount despite the lack of Premier League and EFL football on their channels. Same with Premier Sports, no pause despite no NHL, La Liga etc.

Untrue... I have sky sports and bt sport through virgin media....
You only had to go on their website and freeze both....
Saved £40 last bill and have a £40 credit for the month before which will come off my next bill

May 28, 2019
Herts_Green":3vd640mf said:
Sam Barker":3vd640mf said:

It is a bit of an odd argument. Bit like saying that when non essential shops re-open later this month that they should not charge customers for a week and just let people take stuff off the shelves for free.
they are letting them take stuff off shelves for free in usa :crazy:

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
When they announced it, the wording was that, by ‘postponing’ you would actually ‘cancel’ your subscription and then sign up again on whatever deals they had as and when you wanted.

I noticed my direct debit had sports included again this month. Not what they had said originally and It wasn’t communicated that it would start back up again.

Also odd that they are charging a full month for the last 11 days. Thought it may have been pro-rated.

My deal is so carp I may actually cancel see what they offer as a retention deal.

Jul 12, 2016
Sky are a law unto themselves.They increase monthly fees without notice or justification and they are impossible to contact unless you are in a vulnerable group.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Herts_Green":1ugom1a2 said:
Sam Barker":1ugom1a2 said:

Nothing's changed in Merthyr Tydfil....

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Keith4926":24zd6ay0 said:
Argyle-sy":24zd6ay0 said:
Us on Virgin media didn't get any pause on our Sky Sports packages, so have been having to pay the full amount despite the lack of Premier League and EFL football on their channels. Same with Premier Sports, no pause despite no NHL, La Liga etc.
It was possible to get a pause with Virgin Media. It wasn’t well publicised and it wasn’t automatic, but there was was an online form that had to be filled out and submitted. It lasted for two months but my bill at the end of May went back to normal, without notification.

Ah everywhere I looked I couldn't find anything about a pause. Cheers for letting me know anyway

Sep 12, 2017
Born green":bhlf0fj7 said:
Argyle-sy":bhlf0fj7 said:

Untrue... I have sky sports and bt sport through virgin media....
You only had to go on their website and freeze both....
Saved £40 last bill and have a £40 credit for the month before which will come off my next bill

i'm also have sky sports through virgin and had credit for last 2 months. just received e-mail telling me its restarting with 50% discount for this current months bill :clap:

Jul 14, 2008
loyal1970":vpwxudxw said:
don't subscribe to sky simple it's sh1te.
Not really. It means I get to watch football, cricket, F1 and rugby. Which to be honest is a bit better then watching the national tiddlywinks championships etc on BBC

Returnofthepob

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
What I have learnt from this thread is that Sky and Virgin exist to make money and not friends.

I’m surprised that they are not the philanthropic entities I thought they were.

Mar 29, 2020
When I rang up and tried sorting my sky out, I told him I support Plymouth Argyle he said... you can have all the sports channels for free..for a year.... so I guess I must be lucky.