Sporting Lisbon and Morgan | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sporting Lisbon and Morgan

Oct 10, 2018
Totally agree, but within those systems clubs will still expect their wingers to be able to beat defenders. That isn't a part of Morgan's game because he doesn't have the pace or trickery. He has to work quite hard to get himself into shooting positions but the division has worked him out now so he's almost never able to cut in and shoot anymore. Without that, there's not much threat there.

Just to emphasise, this isn't a 'Morgan bad' post. He's a quality player at our level but unless something drastic happens I think the Championship is probably his ceiling.
Well said my thoughts exactly, compare him to N broadbent for his ability turn players and pick out a pass. He also works for harder than Whittaker off the ball.

Morgan is not particularly hard working in trying to back track, even when he is the 1 who has miss passed.

Take the £25 million.

Oct 10, 2018
Not if we invest the money to strengthen the squad all round rather than relying on one player who is inconsistent. Anyway we won't get anywhere near 20m.
True, teams who want to progress, need an outlet in 3 or 4 positions. We also have to many midfielders with similar attributes. Like Houghton, Edwards, Randell and forshaw, comfortable in posession but none are a running threat, all honest hard workers but lack the physical flow running needed at the championships level.

Personally, Gibson, Galloway, Whittaker, and Cooper are the only players which you could consider championship.

Oct 10, 2018
Whoever the new manager is if we remain.in.the championship, has a massive job to do in strengthening the team, least 3 midfielders, a LB, CB and two strikers.

To be honest if your being pragmatic, stating up this season would be a big result, but likely just delaying the inevitable let's hope I am wrong.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Said it before and will say it again. For me he is the Championship’s Marcus Rashford. Very talented and has the potential to go a long way, but has a tendency to drift and look disinterested.

He looks every inch a top footballer but as good as he could be, I don’t think I’d be investing/gambling £10M of my money.

Reactions: Hank Moody

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Whittaker is a wonderful footballer when he wants to be, but he has a tendency to drift in and out of games, when he’s interested he’s unplayable, when he isn’t he’s invisible.

Hopefully the next manager can get him playing as Schumacher did, or we can sell him for a sizeable fee to strengthen the rest of the team.

Reactions: Hank Moody
Mar 3, 2021
Sell Whittaker don’t know if we’ll get 20 million now thou since Azaz and Cundle have gone he has been ineffective . He can’t take corners or free kicks.

Apr 1, 2017
He's a luxury player who plays well in a decent team...
In a struggling side like ours at the moment,he goes missing, becomes selfish and doesn't track back.
A lower league Beckham for me

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Well on the evidence of the last two games (yes, Leicester too) he's given up playing for Argyle.
By the way, who are Sporting Lisbon?!
I know Sporting Clube de Portugal are a team based in Lisbon....

Reactions: East DevonGreen