Sports stadia - fans back May 17th | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sports stadia - fans back May 17th

jespafc

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Balham_Green":1udxmago said:
WoodsyGreen":1udxmago said:
buck197":1udxmago said:
A season without me seeing the Mighty Greens live!!!

Imagine that first game back, though...

1.0 defeat to Wycombe? :facepalm:

I see your negativity and raise you a home defeat against Torquay (1-3) as we go down and they come up. Do I win?

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
If it's reduced numbers perhaps Argyle will allow the season ticket holders who weren't included last time to attend first.

May 22, 2006
greybeard-kernow":k8icibd6 said:
demportdave":k8icibd6 said:
Mike Charlick":k8icibd6 said:
First come first served? ;)
Yes, I expect it will be again come next August and we're back in Tier 2.
the tier system was scrapped weeks ago!

The DCMS have confirmed that the tier system is very much still with us and applies to all non essential openings on April 12.

Seems like Boris forgot to make it clear with announcement and there will be regional differences depending on rates/ capacity of hospitals etc. Hopefully there will be more places than the Isle of Wight in Tier 1 but donā€™t bank on it just yet.

Mar 14, 2009
So if the tier system will be in place, the government will not want surely areas that have higher rates to spread across counties.

That can only happen if people travel to areas they donā€™t really need to travel too.

Basically, away travel for sports fans.

This time last year l remember the Covid-19 thread. The discussion we will all be back in by Christmas.

We were dangled a carrot of hope by the government. They been doing this for past 12 months as if people knew lockdown like this would of happened it would of caused mass panic and unrest.

The trouble is by the time the football season comes around l fear borders are going to open up. U.K may have got their jabs in by then but not everywhere around the world will be so organised. There is chance this virus mutates and this struggle will carry on into next year.

Donā€™t get me wrong. Things canā€™t carry on being closed down like they are. The economy is on its knees. However, the idea of full stadiumā€™s with home and away fans l think may not been seen this year because Covid will rise again after the summer as people generally become less cautious.

I have a hunch no away fans next season, at least until they really have got Covid-19 under some level of sustained control. The reason l think this is because of IFollow. You have the ability to watch the games and whilst itā€™s not the same, l think we will be into compromising again regarding football.

Hope though this isnā€™t the case but we only have to look back 12 months ago at our comments and then see what actually occurred.