Steve Evans, “ We deserved to win “ | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Steve Evans, “ We deserved to win “

Sep 2, 2008
mervyn":34wbyreo said:
According to the BBC

Argyle. Gills
Possession. 63%. 37%
Shots. 17. 12
On target. 3. 4
Corners. 8. 4
Fouls. 9. 11

One sided in Gills favour?

This obsession with data/stats is part of Argyles problem in my opinion. Stats/data do not reflect how a particular game really is played. Almost to a man/woman, posters on this forum agree that we used our get out of jail card more than once yet anyone looking at those stats that didn't watch the game would think we easily had the better of Gillingham. Someone with a bit of football knowledge once said, '...football is not played on paper'. I would say the same about stats/data.

May 22, 2006
There was a stat that half time yesterday that, something like, we had not had a ‘dangerous shot’ despite the fact we were one nil up.

Evans is wrong that Gillingham deserved to win because they missed two sitters at the end of the game. He could argue that they should’ve won had it not been for their ineptitude.

Pottypilgrim":3kxsral3 said:
mervyn":3kxsral3 said:
According to the BBC

Argyle. Gills
Possession. 63%. 37%
Shots. 17. 12
On target. 3. 4
Corners. 8. 4
Fouls. 9. 11

One sided in Gills favour?

This obsession with data/stats is part of Argyles problem in my opinion. Stats/data do not reflect how a particular game really is played. Almost to a man/woman, posters on this forum agree that we used our get out of jail card more than once yet anyone looking at those stats that didn't watch the game would think we easily had the better of Gillingham. Someone with a bit of football knowledge once said, '...football is not played on paper'. I would say the same about stats/data.

Can’t argue with most of that. If there had been another stat saying ‘easy chances to score, Argyle 0 Gills 4, it might have been a fairer reflection. I also think possession stats can be misleading. I’ve always felt that If we only measured possession within the opponents half, that would be a far more accurate measurement of dominance.

Aug 5, 2016
Moaning that the walk to the showers was a bit cold!

Does he really want games postponed instead?

You get the feeling that the showers and the referee would have been perfectly acceptable if two of the chances where Cooper went AWOL had gone in.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":3iwfrtqy said:
Moaning that the walk to the showers was a bit cold!

Does he really want games postponed instead?

You get the feeling that the showers and the referee would have been perfectly acceptable if two of the chances where Cooper went AWOL had gone in.

Somebody should tell him there is a pandemic on.