Stoke Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stoke Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

Sep 22, 2020
cannot think of anything positive to say re yesterday. Only 'positive' is that Forster going off was very bad news' for the game and probably the last two games as well. We were extremely poor all over the pitch. cannot think of any one player you would say we must keep.

we need an experienced manager to come in and rebuild a team over the summer or next season is likely to be a very difficult season for all concerned with argyle.

GU7Green

āœ… Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
Imagine being the only bright spark in a team of average players. The burden on his shoulders must be massive.

Eventually that person will become disgruntled and frustrated.

I think thatā€™s what we are now seeing
Yeah itā€™s this for me, for me I donā€™t think heā€™s a petulant guy, he seems very normal and a decent guy from all the interviews and so on weā€™ve seen so itā€™s coming from a position of frustration as he feels he needs to do the whole job himself

Reactions: jespafc and Rosie

Mark58

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Morgs just marched straight down the tunnel at the end, was the first one off and didnā€™t acknowledge the fans (or not that I could seeā€¦.)

Frustration boiling over at the result ? Just seemed odd.
This did not happen (I was there). MW made his way towards us and was using very small hand clapping motions to acknowledge the Green Army. I thought he looked emotionally shattered and totally embarrassed at a collectively disappointing (to say the least) team and individual performance.

The expression 'I wish the ground would open up for me' came to my mind in the manner that he left before his other teammates came over, but I would strongly refute any suggestion that he 'just marched straight down the tunnel... and didn't acknowledge the fans'.

Lesley Somerville

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
For Millwall 4-1-3-2
Cooper
Phillips Scarr Gibson Galloway
Pleggy/Houghton
Rands Devine Roberts
Bali/MW/Bundu Hardie/Waine

Forshaw if fit in for Roberts but don't think he will be. Morgs has been off form but he always has that magic moment in him so gets my vote. I'd use Pleggy as the holding midfielder so we can drop to 3 CB's when defending and Rands infront. Waine in for Hardie as he brings more defensively and told he has 60 minutes run yourself into the ground. Scarr lacks pace for a 4 but Ash has pace to cover. That team is narrow in attack but 0-0 will do us and maybe pinch a goal on the break. Squad is looking a bit threadbare now ohhh for a Butcher. Sorinola is injured I guess otherwise would be in the mix at RB.
I 100% agree we need to play for a point. We can't afford to lose after today's result

GU7Green

āœ… Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
This did not happen (I was there). MW made his way towards us and was using very small hand clapping motions to acknowledge the Green Army. I thought he looked emotionally shattered and totally embarrassed at a collectively disappointing (to say the least) team and individual performance.

The expression 'I wish the ground would open up for me' came to my mind in the manner that he left before his other teammates came over, but I would strongly refute any suggestion that he 'just marched straight down the tunnel... and didn't acknowledge the fans'.
Thatā€™s fair enough, for what itā€™s worth I wasnā€™t trying rabble rouse. I was there too. Just said what I saw, as I looked up

I just looked up and he seemed to be down the tunnel by far the quickest of anyone and it just struck me as a little unusual. I said on another thread that he doesnā€™t strike me as the petulant type.

We all see things how we see them and thatā€™s fair enough, but Iā€™m certainly not intending to stir a pot šŸ‘Œ

Feb 10, 2024

Totally out of confidence and the corner summed that up. Top quality player but also a confidence player. Frustrated with himself more likely or very hard on himself. Said before he could have gone but stayed !

Apr 22, 2011
West Yorkshire
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Morgs just marched straight down the tunnel at the end, was the first one off and didnā€™t acknowledge the fans (or not that I could seeā€¦.)

Frustration boiling over at the result ? Just seemed odd.
Yep, I noticed this as well. He covered his face and never looked up at the Argyle fans, it seemed he was personally acknowledging the bad performance and he couldnā€™t face the fans.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
On the back of MW and RH not turning up for the match I did feel that Galloway in first half was stepping back, then back even more as if he was scared of getting injured. At least 3 times he couldā€™ve slowed the Stoke attack to allow Mumba to get back, but he didnt
For me, wouldnā€™t bat an eyelid if he left.

Gibson must start next 2

tavigreen

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 19, 2009
Yep, I noticed this as well. He covered his face and never looked up at the Argyle fans, it seemed he was personally acknowledging the bad performance and he couldnā€™t face the fans.
My take too - looked quite emotional and completely gutted. Heā€™s a young lad who weā€™ll miss when heā€™s gone, hope the whole team can put yesterday behind them and work out a way of getting some scruffy points in the next 2 weeks.

Apr 22, 2019
On the back of MW and RH not turning up for the match I did feel that Galloway in first half was stepping back, then back even more as if he was scared of getting injured. At least 3 times he couldā€™ve slowed the Stoke attack to allow Mumba to get back, but he didnt
For me, wouldnā€™t bat an eyelid if he left.

Gibson must start next 2
ā€¦ā€¦and yet he put himself on the line several times in the second half making great blocks/interceptions in very dangerous areas.