Stoke City v Argyle - the build up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stoke City v Argyle - the build up

Who do you think will win?

• Stoke

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Argyle

Votes: 120 45.8%
  • I'll take a draw

Votes: 121 46.2%

• Total voters
Aug 4, 2011
Bobby Madley - the referee is a Huddersfield Town fan. Birmingham appealed him being assigned to referee their recent game against Coventry and successfully got it overturned. Could be interesting should he give some questionable decisions one way or the other, guess it depends who he sees as the most catchable.

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Probably looking at how not to fall foul of FFP
So much wealth has skewed sound judgement on how to sustainably run a Football Club
Their small change is a life changing amount for a club like ours :eek:

Reactions: ChurPev

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
Bobby Madley - the referee is a Huddersfield Town fan. Birmingham appealed him being assigned to referee their recent game against Coventry and successfully got it overturned. Could be interesting should he give some questionable decisions one way or the other, guess it depends who he sees as the most catchable.
I wouldn't credit many of the officials we've seen this season with the wit to cheat.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Doesn’t sound like a very welcoming away day….limiting our allocation, no facility for collecting tkts, parking attendants scouring possible parking areas, no pubs and a long walk from station….!!

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Doesn’t sound like a very welcoming away day….limiting our allocation, no facility for collecting tkts, parking attendants scouring possible parking areas, no pubs and a long walk from station….!!

What I don’t get is there’s no collections at Stoke but you can collect duplicate tickets

Sep 28, 2022
Have to say that Stoke is the original GNS, doesn't seem to have a city centre as such and all the roads in the "middle" remind me of Edbrington Street for some reason. Small shops in a street sort of going nowhere.Not that I am decrying anyone who should happen to live in Edbrington Street or indeed streets beyond. Mind you I haven't, luckily enough, had reason to visit Stoke on Trent for a number of years and maybe in my absence it has become a " desres"!.I somehow can't envisage that this has somehow become the case and wish Mr and Mrs Schumacher and their family all the very best in their new home. Many happy days frolicking on the errr beach in the summer sunshine I, m sure. It's only, errr about 4 hours drive away. Enjoy. Coygs!!!.

Said old Green

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 3, 2023
Have to say that Stoke is the original GNS, doesn't seem to have a city centre as such and all the roads in the "middle" remind me of Edbrington Street for some reason. Small shops in a street sort of going nowhere.Not that I am decrying anyone who should happen to live in Edbrington Street or indeed streets beyond. Mind you I haven't, luckily enough, had reason to visit Stoke on Trent for a number of years and maybe in my absence it has become a " desres"!.I somehow can't envisage that this has somehow become the case and wish Mr and Mrs Schumacher and their family all the very best in their new home. Many happy days frolicking on the errr beach in the summer sunshine I, m sure. It's only, errr about 4 hours drive away. Enjoy. Coygs!!!.
Nonsense. Formby beach is about an hour away .
Stoke is a typical northern town but you have gorgeous villages in beautiful Shropshire and Cheshire only 20-30 minutes away.
However let's not allow facts to get in the way of your illusion.

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
The Leicester game showed what can happen when a club (that's fans, staff, players et al) are both united and focused. The players will gain more from vocal support for them than they will from negative chanting toward Schumacher, Ennis, Cundle, whatsisname and the other one.

There's no room for complacency. We can't afford to lose concentration. Let's be on it for 90+ minutes.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Nonsense. Formby beach is about an hour away .
Stoke is a typical northern town but you have gorgeous villages in beautiful Shropshire and Cheshire only 20-30 minutes away.
However let's not allow facts to get in the way of your illusion.
Getting to Formby beach in an hour from Stoke would be an achievement but I'll give you that with an extra half hour or so. I take the pooches there regularly & it's beautiful
You're right there is lovely countryside around Stoke, especially out towards Leek & Trentham Gardens (where a wild group of monkeys live) is lovely & actually part of Stoke.
The town ain't great but the same can be said for parts of Plymouth.