Stoke City v Argyle - the build up | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stoke City v Argyle - the build up

Who do you think will win?

• Stoke

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Argyle

Votes: 120 45.8%
  • I'll take a draw

Votes: 121 46.2%

• Total voters

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Stoke is such a dump. Absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever.

I really hated the ground as well. The only time I've been was about 15 years ago, we came from behind to go 2-1 up but ended up losing. It still pees me off a bit. I think it was the year they got promoted to the Prem and we sold half our team in January.

Reactions: E4pilgrim

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
The original post said that Stoke was only one hour from the beach at Formby. You might need to reset your SatNav..
I don't need to reset my sat nav when I've seen it with my own eyes! :ROFLMAO: Formby to Stoke can be done in an hour if you leave at the right time.

Look at a map, you have to cross the path of the M6, which goes to Stoke, in order to get to the M60, if you start from Formby, whether you're on the M62, M58 or East Lancs road.

The extent to which I know this is if I were to drive to Stoke from where I am right now (Media City, which is within the M60), I would have to cross the path of the M60 to join the M62 to get to the M6!

Reactions: Said old Green
Oct 31, 2022
Anyway....

I hope Ennis gets a decent reception. Can't blame him for leaving when he did. Served the length of his contract. Had we had a crystal ball in 21/22, we should've offered him a new longer deal.

Really stepped up in our title winning season. He was superb towards the end of the season. His involvement in our equaliser away at Shrews stands out.

EuroJim

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 26, 2017
Gent, Belgium
www.jimsfrenchflanders.com
I don't need to reset my sat nav when I've seen it with my own eyes! :ROFLMAO: Formby to Stoke can be done in an hour if you leave at the right time.

Look at a map, you have to cross the path of the M6, which goes to Stoke, in order to get to the M60, if you start from Formby, whether you're on the M62, M58 or East Lancs road.

The extent to which I know this is if I were to drive to Stoke from where I am right now (Media City, which is within the M60), I would have to cross the path of the M60 to join the M62 to get to the M6!
Maybe we can ask the Argyle Team bus to take a detour to confirm who is correct here? A nice jog along the beach a Formby will set them up for the game, a bit like Red Rum training for the National.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon with no H
Mar 21, 2006
Only got a bad memory of Stoke away - the Watney Cup in the 80’s (I think or was it the 70’s?). Drinking in a pub in town centre with Argyle fans and Stoke fans. Suddenly one of our fans gets thrown across some tables - drinks flying everywhere - landlord shouts to “lock the front door” - to this day don’t understand why. Absolute carnage ensues - I ran into the toilet - climbed up on the cistern and got out of the top window. Happy days…🙄

Sep 28, 2022
Stoke is such a dump. Absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever.

I really hated the ground as well. The only time I've been was about 15 years ago, we came from behind to go 2-1 up but ended up losing. It still pees me off a bit. I think it was the year they got promoted to the Prem and we sold half our team in January.
Cricky moses, be careful of what you say with regards to Stoke. I made a similar comment on a previous post and look at the carnage it has caused. It has resulted in the rerouting of motorways, the geographical exact location of Formby beach and serious questions with regards to the birthplace of some bloke with a uckalale!. Oh and apparently we are playing in the aforementioned city of dreamy spires, magnificent boulevards and extensive gardens of errrrrr Stoke on Trent on Saturday. Enjoy.!!

Sep 6, 2006
Only got a bad memory of Stoke away - the Watney Cup in the 80’s (I think or was it the 70’s?). Drinking in a pub in town centre with Argyle fans and Stoke fans. Suddenly one of our fans gets thrown across some tables - drinks flying everywhere - landlord shouts to “lock the front door” - to this day don’t understand why. Absolute carnage ensues - I ran into the toilet - climbed up on the cistern and got out of the top window. Happy days…🙄
That was normal in the 70s though!

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Pretty sure the Watney Cup game was a Home Park one, 1973......although there was a fair bit of trouble ...think Stoke Fans got into the Devonport End

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Pretty sure the Watney Cup game was a Home Park one, 1973......although there was a fair bit of trouble ...think Stoke Fans got into the Devonport End
...and Geoff Hurst scored the only goal.

May 19, 2023
its crazy that Schey is trying to rally the Stoke fans to turn up yet they're going to be way off filling the stadium. He never had that issue with us and i hope we see regret in his eyes when we beat them Saturday and the full away end is bouncing.

Reactions: IvyG