Stoke v Argyle MatchDay Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD | Page 29 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stoke v Argyle MatchDay Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD

Dec 30, 2020
It’s far too much to say the players were on the beach or bottled it or whatever. They play every week against opponents who are on average paid at least double or triple what they get and are generally just quite a lot better.

When we’re at 9/10 or 10/10 and the opposition are 7/10 or 6/10 we can win games at this level, and through the players’ incredible efforts and a lot of luck that’s happened enough this season to give us a chance to stay up.

Occasionally, like today, it’s the other way round - Stoke got in front, their tails were up, they had the crowd behind them. It didn’t go our way and we lost our heads a bit. 3-0 probably flattered us but we have at least still got out of there just about maintaining our goal difference advantage.

It wasn’t a lack of effort, it’s just what happens to the poorest (financially) team in the division, usually more than the three or four times it’s happened to us. The players did their best like they always do. We just have to get behind them and hope they can dig something out of the remaining two games, but it is again going to be very difficult.

Mar 21, 2013
That isn’t true in the slightest.

If we play dreadfully, I’ll say that we played dreadfully. If we play brilliantly, I’ll say that we played brilliantly. If we play OK, I’ll say that we played OK.

I’m fair and I call it how I see it - unlike most on here who are either in the “we’re awful” or the “we’re brilliant” camp.
I don’t doubt for one moment your passion towards Argyle but you have said on so, so, so many occasions ‘this is the worst we’ve ever played’ (or words to that effect) that we must be at the point we’re putting 11 corpses on the pitch it’s that bad now. People questioning the loyalty of players, not trying, on the beach?! Fine if that’s someone’s opinion but I think that’s just crap & disrespectful, claiming we don’t turn up for the big games? Turned up for plenty of them last season & Leicester was a big game that we turned up for. I get the frustration & reactionary comments & I wouldn’t dare stop someone sharing their opinion that x, y, z player doesn’t even try, ”already playing for Schumacher”?!, or want to be here yadda yadda but they are our players & I’m pretty damn sure none of wanted to be on the end of 3-0 defeat today of all days.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Not saying it isn't, I'm saying that lambasting players like Houghton, Randell and Edwards here is embarrassing.
And I haven't. Team and staff performance was poor. Everyone. I rarely single out players, although I did show my dissatisfaction about Galloway! He did improve on the 2nd half tho

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Cobi is our resident pendulum.

Goes to games pre-armed with stock phrases drafted, all neatly lined up and placed in game direction and performance driven response folders, ready and waiting to pasted in and posted at a moments notice.

Not sure they're even read or considered before mic dropping them in 😉
That's harsh mate. I have a lot of time for Cobi - he talks from the heart and is rarely wide of the mark

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cobi is our resident pendulum.

Goes to games pre-armed with stock phrases drafted, all neatly lined up and placed in game direction and performance driven response folders, ready and waiting to pasted in and posted at a moments notice.

Not sure they're even read or considered before mic dropping them in 😉

If that’s how I come across then fair enough but that’s because we, as a team, are a swinging pendulum. We’re either very good or very bad, we’re rarely just OK. I just call it how I see it.

We were excellent against Leicester. We were very poor today. That’s how the pendulum swings.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Yes it is, we wanted to stay up and still should. Anyone reading some of the emotional nonsense on here would think we are going down.
I'm as gutted as anyone, this hurts against SS. Let's not though lambast players who have served us well, so weak.
But you weren't talking about relegation you we're talking about Houghton and Randell. Don't change the subject and pretend to win the argument.

• Unlike
Reactions: Deacster

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
If Sheffield lose their next 2 then we’re safe before the last game, as long as Birmingham don’t get a late winner.
Wait, if Huddersfield win their last 2 (50) then Birmingham can still get to 49. they both have to win against Norwich and Ipswich though.

Jan 11, 2012
They let the fans down with that one. The players and management should have known that this was one game where a performance was expected.

Mar 23, 2008
But you weren't talking about relegation you we're talking about Houghton and Randell. Don't change the subject and pretend to win the argument.
Think you've lost your train of thought here. It's not about winning or losing arguments is it?? If so, crack on and slag off the players who have got us here and 'win', nice one.