Summer ground work starts | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Summer ground work starts

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Another one of those things that just needs paying for in order for us to catch up and highlights how far behind other clubs we have been.
We've had permission for years to not bother with undersoil heating as it was deemed unnecessary in South Devon.

Reactions: E4pilgrim

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've done some research via a pal of mine (non football though) and it all makes sense.

Essentially these type of pitches are harder wearing and can take all sorts of crap on them and has a far quicker recovery time so good for concerts etc

Also the drainage is far better. Out of all the Championship clubs only us and PNE have the old fibroplastic type. So PNE will be on their own unless they too are upgrading.

I reckon we'll see more games at Home Park next season. To bring in extra revenue.

Shelf life is about 10/15 years apparently.

Jul 29, 2012
I've done some research via a pal of mine (non football though) and it all makes sense.

Essentially these type of pitches are harder wearing and can take all sorts of crap on them and has a far quicker recovery time so good for concerts etc

Also the drainage is far better. Out of all the Championship clubs only us and PNE have the old fibroplastic type. So PNE will be on their own unless they too are upgrading.

I reckon we'll see more games at Home Park next season. To bring in extra revenue.

Under soil heating will cost £1M to install maybe more plus the cost of the new type of pitch .

May 16, 2016

Every time I saw Swanseas pitch in the latter parts of the season, it never looked too healthy. Wonder if they had the hi-tech version ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I suppose they used it for that stupid game known as rugby, I do agree though, the Liberty did look as rough as rats.

Jul 5, 2023
Are Argyle women going to be playing all their matches next season at Home Park? I guess occasional Academy matches will too, so need a pitch that can stand up to the extra wear and tear

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
I hope we're not getting undersoil heating. What a potential waste of money! When was the last time we had a game off for a frozen pitch?

Reactions: budock

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I hope we're not getting undersoil heating. What a potential waste of money! When was the last time we had a game off for a frozen pitch?

But surely it’s better then having x amount of people lugging a heavy big sheet on to the pitch

Reactions: Monster Green
Oct 19, 2021
I don’t know much about undersoil heating but I imagine its usefulness goes beyond just preventing games from being postponed. It is probably an additional tool to help optimise the playing surface for any given match.