Summer ground work starts | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Summer ground work starts

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Undersoil heating is a requirement for entry into the Premier League, so future proofing makes perfect sense. You know, just in case...
At least we won't have to worry too much once our promotion push gathers momentum in the final few games of the season. 'Under Soil Heating? Completed it 😎'

Last edited:
Reactions: WoodsyGreen
Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
I was shown around the work going on at the training pitches on Saturday. Lots of talk about the new main pitch but no mention of undersoil heating.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Segregation rail, as it says on the tin, segregates the home and away fans.

Had we gone down, then there would have been empty seats, the majority of the time, had a segregation rail been put in.
If we had another Rotherham situation where only one block was sold by the away club does that mean home fans could no longer use the empty blocks?
I guess we could go back to a half a dozen rows of separation and stewards as now?

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
It just shows how forward-thinking the council was in the 70s. Creating all those pitches at Chelson Meadow on a former council tip meant they had natural undersoil heating.
As a kid living in Saltram I spent many a happy Sunday morning cheering on Louis Boutique until the serious injury 😔

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So to reiterate what the club have said.........

We are NOT having undersoil heating fitted this summer. Only a brand new "hybrid" pitch. (y)

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Good point. I read somewhere that grass will grow once the temperature is over a certain temperature, I guess combined with the lighting rigs they use these days, it could theoretically grow all year.
Germination point of grass in minimum 6 celsius IIRC

Reactions: Guiri Green

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
As a kid living in Saltram I spent many a happy Sunday morning cheering on Louis Boutique until the serious injury 😔
They had some decent players. As the manager of a reasonably successful Saturday side, I wasn't a fan of Sunday football. I understood the reasons for it and the opportunity it gave people who could not play on a Saturday. However, the genuine shop workers etc. quickly got sidelined and Sunday teams started to recruit good players from Saturday teams. I don't care how good they were, it was not possible for my players to give me 100% on a Saturday and do the same 18 or 19 house later for their Sunday side. And towards the end of the season it was worse as players would look at the best medal opportunity and try hardest/save themselves for the more successful side.

Reactions: Larry David
Aug 4, 2011
So to reiterate what the club have said.........

We are NOT having undersoil heating fitted this summer. Only a brand new "hybrid" pitch. (y)
Ok, well my apologies it is what I had been told back in Jan / Feb along with the new fabricated pitch (you can trawl back through my posts if you want) ;)

Things might have changed, and I note the importance of AO saying not THIS summer

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ok, well my apologies it is what I had been told back in Jan / Feb along with the new fabricated pitch (you can trawl back through my posts if you want) ;)

Things might have changed, and I note the importance of AO saying not THIS summer

I think that's the point we all miss sometimes, it can't all be done at once, we haven't got that sort of money.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Then if we have aspirations of getting to the premier league in 5-7 or so year's, why are we laying a pitch that has a 10-15 year lifespan only to dig it up to install under soil heating when the plan comes to fruition halfway through it’s lifetime.😉

Reactions: Andy70

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Then if we have aspirations of getting to the premier league in 5-7 or so year's, why are we laying a pitch that has a 10-15 year lifespan only to dig it up to install under soil heating when the plan comes to fruition halfway through it’s lifetime.😉
Having this as a requirement for the PL (if that is true) is bonkers. When is the last time Plymouth had a frost or snow event that under soil heating would have resolved? It would be a total waste of money

Reactions: Ross
Oct 19, 2021
Having this as a requirement for the PL (if that is true) is bonkers. When is the last time Plymouth had a frost or snow event that under soil heating would have resolved? It would be a total waste of money
Not bonkers at all. Sky and TNT pay an absolutely enormous sum of money for the tv rights. It’s not unreasonable to require that a very small percentage of the money that goes to Premier League clubs is spent on making sure that games aren’t called off.