Summer Recruitment | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Summer Recruitment

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think even the most extreme dinosaurs amongst us have to accept that things like date analysis have a part to play in the modern game. Any small advantage that can be gleaned or any cost cutting is vital and can be the difference between success and failure. Common sense tells you that if it is used from the highest reaches of the game down then there must be advantages and if we don't embrace these things we are likely to be left behind.

I guess team building is a bit like a jigsaw. Some pieces look an obvious fit but aren’t, and others surprisingly work. Look at the complaints on here about Lapado’s arrival, which seemed a strange choice based on past performance, yet his goal tally for us and Rotherham as been good.

I remember the moans around me on the Lyndhurst about the signings of McCall and Matthews, both considered well past their prime, yet look at their outstanding contribution to that squad. The same group around me hailed Peter Swan’s arrival as a game changer!

I thought Nouble’s signing made sense, expecting a strong nuisance player who could hold the ball up for us and give more threat from dead balls than we previously had, none of which then happened. So you move on.