Summers | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Summers

• Thread starter Cult Of Personality
  • Start date
G

grovehill

Phenom":siyix6gn said:
Has a few options other than Argyle (West Ham being one) for the summer so it looks like he has played his last here.

And Rory Fallon's going to replace Tevez at Eastlands

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
According to a journalist that works at all the Leyton Orient home games, Luke Summerfield is in talks with Leyton Orient.

"#lofc transfer latest - Rumours circulating that Luke Summerfield is in talks over a move back to Brisbane Rd following successful loan."

https://twitter.com/#!/Masters_Magic

This should probably be in rumours, but this guy is usually pretty accurate with this stuff and considering Summers had a successful loan their a season ago, I don't think anyone would be surprised if this was true.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Should West Ham's move to the Olympic Stadium take place after the Games it might be a heavy drain on Orient's traditional supporter base. I hope for Summer' sake it works out for him and the Club.

Aug 22, 2006
It's just a shame that in league 1 (and now 2) he never had a decent run in the side, due to injury and now due
to the fact that he wants to leave. Good luck to the bloke, and I believe he was probably a bit harshly treated by some of the home fans, but as I've said before he had no competition in our last championship season, which resulted in him playing far too many games. So from too many games to very little action the past year or so...
I think my point is that now we're actually in league 2, a player like Summerfield could have shone for us, got his local team promoted, and proved some of his doubters wrong, instead he would prefer to go. Oh well.

Jan 27, 2006
Good player he may be - and I think the jury is still undecided on that one, he's certainly not consistent - but how many chances do you give him?

I would not say he's been a failure here but he's not really achieved anything either. Keeping a player because he may come good is a luxury we can ill afford, espcially when past evidence suggests that he won't. Hopefully a move away and a fresh start might be what he needs to help him develop into the player that could be.

Thanks for the effort Luke and good luck.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
MAZZA26":156h4xs0 said:
resulted in him playing far too many games.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professional footballers usually want to play in every game possible, that is also the expectation of their club!

If they are professional they work hard to stay fit enough to play 46+ games per season.

Luke's injuries have stopped him playing much recently but I would be surprised if HE thought he'd played to many games the previous season.

I have no axe to grind with Luke, sorry to see him go but not surprised given the stick he is given. How long some of the other local lads stay is probably dependant on how quickly the HP crowd turn on them.

Feb 26, 2008
A village
Argylegames":2v2r7ot1 said:
MAZZA26":2v2r7ot1 said:
resulted in him playing far too many games.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professional footballers usually want to play in every game possible, that is also the expectation of their club!

If they are professional they work hard to stay fit enough to play 46+ games per season.

Luke's injuries have stopped him playing much recently but I would be surprised if HE thought he'd played to many games the previous season.

I have no axe to grind with Luke, sorry to see him go but not surprised given the stick he is given. How long some of the other local lads stay is probably dependant on how quickly the HP crowd turn on them.

It's bizarre isn't it? Argyle fans seem to take some sort of masochistic pleasure in writing off players like Summers, only to see them excel at other clubs. I, too, will be very sorry to see him go, but thank him for his efforts and wish him well wherever he ends up.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Pontypoolgreen":2g3lai92 said:
Tavypilgrim":2g3lai92 said:
Pontypoolgreen":2g3lai92 said:
Quite a likely move, he enjoyed his time at the O's.

Big loss for Argyle though.
:shock: :lol:

Most talented footballer on our books.

Only because the bar has been set sooooo low.

I'd still argue that Nelson, Fletcher and Zubar are far more talented. Even Mason shows potential. Summerfield has had his chance, half a dozen good games out of eighty does not in my book make someone 'talented'. It makes them inconsistent with glimpses of unfulfilled potential talent.