Sunderland | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sunderland

Dec 2, 2010
nick_PASTIE":1uvsnpvr said:
Pezbuck":1uvsnpvr said:
I remember Wotton scoring a brilliant driven free kick (was it?) in a win against Sunderland in our first season in the Championship. Was in the first minute at the Devonport End from a tight angle near the Grandstand. Smashed it in. Wotton was the top scorer that season. HP was packed to rafters that day too.

Yeah remember that- foot like a traction engine and the keeper was expecting a cross, not knowing Wottsy couldnt cross for toffees.

Brilliant goal. Did Steve Crawford get the other in 2-1 win - a 1 on 1 if I remember. Same today with Carey and Freddie!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3gtfts1t said:
SatisfiedinSouthway":3gtfts1t said:
Balham_Green":3gtfts1t said:
Very sad.

Sad that after travelling the length of the country almost , they’ve got the nerve to go to the pub?

Sad that they are drinking at 8 in the morning.

As long as they behave themselves, they’re welcome to start drinking whenever they like.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Shankster":1y02dk1d said:
I’m looking forward to this, prefer matches with a decent away attendance

It’s interesting that Sunderland are being cast as a big club, they’re not

Yes, they are.

48,000 capacity stadium, almost 30k average attendance in the Championship, and historically the 14th most successful club in England (above Leeds and West Ham).

Are they Barcelona or Manchester United? No, but they’re a huge club at this level.

May 16, 2016
GreenThing":2fzheil8 said:
Balham_Green":2fzheil8 said:
SatisfiedinSouthway":2fzheil8 said:
Balham_Green":2fzheil8 said:
Very sad.

Sad that after travelling the length of the country almost , they’ve got the nerve to go to the pub?

As long as they behave themselves, they’re welcome to start drinking whenever they like.

Don't forget, that to anyone North of Bristol, coming all the way down here counts as a Continental holiday.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":3je7imf5 said:
Balham_Green":3je7imf5 said:
SatisfiedinSouthway":3je7imf5 said:
Balham_Green":3je7imf5 said:
Very sad.

Yep. Still sad though. And of course a very clear link between excess alcohol and NOT behaving.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Biggs":1ltjtv9j said:
Shankster":1ltjtv9j said:
I’m looking forward to this, prefer matches with a decent away attendance

It’s interesting that Sunderland are being cast as a big club, they’re not

Yes, they are.

48,000 capacity stadium, almost 30k average attendance in the Championship, and historically the 14th most successful club in England (above Leeds and West Ham).

Are they Barcelona or Manchester United? No, but they’re a huge club at this level.

I read somewhere that they had an 83million wage budget last year - they are massive compared to us.