Supporters bar | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Supporters bar

Sep 25, 2010
The original question has yet to be answered.

Is there a application procedure in place, for the new bar.

Also I am currently a Senior Green member, does this have a bearing on an application ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not answering any of the above but it should be remembered that PAFC have first dibs on one of the floors as a corporate area until the Grandstand is finished.

From memory it’s 300 downstairs and 250 upstairs so it’ll probably mean that one floor will be the FansFest and the other will be a Far Post type area.

Exciting times off the field that’s for sure.

Sep 25, 2010
IJN":h4s7e1ie said:
Not answering any of the above but it should be remembered that PAFC have first dibs on one of the floors as a corporate area until the Grandstand is finished.

From memory it’s 300 downstairs and 250 upstairs so it’ll probably mean that one floor will be the FansFest and the other will be a Far Post type area.

Exciting times off the field that’s for sure.

Thanks Ian, understand info is slightly limited at the moment.

But will be able to apply for membership ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've got no idea mate, I know I have a membership as an investor but I'm forgoing that as have others, so I think the GT's will be collating this type of data before they make any decision.

So in an attempt to explain further, let's say they have 70 investors, at this present time they would have to hold back 70 match day tickets for those investors, but if 25 of those investors say they don't want tickets that means the numbers will go up.

I do believe though that only one floor will be membership only, but that does leave them with the problem with what to do with the avid FanFest fans. A nice problem to have, but a dilemma none the less.

Sadly it probably means that there will no chance of any away fans, which is a shame, as all over the country, our people are allowed in. It's just a fact that the likes of Wycombe, Wimbledon and Stanley (all above us for a season) love away fans as they haven't enough of their own, but we because of our larger fanbase can't be so accommodating.

Sep 25, 2010
IJN":d6mj70sh said:
I've got no idea mate, I know I have a membership as an investor but I'm forgoing that as have others, so I think the GT's will be collating this type of data before they make any decision.

So in an attempt to explain further, let's say they have 70 investors, at this present time they would have to hold back 70 match day tickets for those investors, but if 25 of those investors say they don't want tickets that means the numbers will go up.

I do believe though that only one floor will be membership only, but that does leave them with the problem with what to do with the avid FanFest fans. A nice problem to have, but a dilemma none the less.

Sadly it probably means that there will no chance of any away fans, which is a shame, as all over the country, our people are allowed in. It's just a fact that the likes of Wycombe, Wimbledon and Stanley (all above us for a season) love away fans as they haven't enough of their own, but we because of our larger fanbase can't be so accommodating.

Thanks, understand the situation, sorry to ask, but do you know(as you know most things), when decisions as mentioned above, might be made.

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Martyn":2iq0o1j4 said:
The original question has yet to be answered.

Is there a application procedure in place, for the new bar.

Also I am currently a Senior Green member, does this have a bearing on an application ?

That is something only the GTs can answer. If they open the place as a Members' Club, there are certain advantages, ie. Bigger stake and jackpot gaming machines, no Premises Supervisor necessary and there is no retail sale of alcohol because, by definition, the alcohol is already owned by members - they merely pay to replace it. The disadvantages are that membership has to be a formal process with 48 hours notice and guests cannot just be 'signed in' by anyone. The only alternative is the Premises Licence' route for a pub but conditions on entry can be established by the management as to membership, guests, etc. They could always get permission for alcohol on an occasional basis but there are limitations as to how many times this can be done in a year and the police have a big say before issue.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The away fans thing is understandable but a massive shame, if they can't attend.

1) It makes the actual fanfests better because there's such a great dynamic of mickey taking, away fans singing Argyle songs and a festival of football type feeling. You get that too with all the different shirts hung up, and you certainly got it with the Fans Reunited fanfests with people up and down the country coming down.

2) these events really are getting famous now among fans up and down the country, even on the Bury forum there was a comment about Lowe only coming to Argyle because of the fanfests :lol:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Argylegames":hlsq2l7o said:
Lundan Cabbie":hlsq2l7o said:
I wonder how modern it will be. Anywhere else in the country it would be a cashless venue..... but this is Plymouth. :D
Cashless Taxi is it?

Wont be long. Most of my income is by card payment these days already.

Selhurst Park is going cashless inside the stadium from next season. It will be interesting to see how that works out.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Can you imagine the average Janner's reaction when asked to pay for his pasty outside HP with a card?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Argylegames":6x4wrasg said:
Can you imagine the average Janner's reaction when asked to pay for his pasty outside HP with a card?

Pleasantly surprised, I imagine.

It's easier, quicker, everyone now (I think) has contactless on their cards and means you don't have to carry cash.

Aug 5, 2015
Is it true they’ve done away with £s, shillings and pence except in Plymouth where the groat is still legal tender? I know who will know......

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Biggs":1vihqnp8 said:
Argylegames":1vihqnp8 said:

Pleasantly surprised, I imagine.

It's easier, quicker, everyone now (I think) has contactless on their cards and means you don't have to carry cash.

It is easier and quicker then paying with cash, but I believe whatever businesses have a card machine has got to pay a % of each transaction made by card.