Supporters Bar | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Supporters Bar

Topboy":11utf3zl said:
Morning Leeder,

Link not working? Any chance of a summary of what was said?

Morning Topboy, thanks for the heads up.

I've contacted the GT's who are aware that there was a problem and that both their website and e-mail were down, they contacted their tech guys and it looks like they've resolved the issue, so the link should be working for you now.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

Aug 10, 2006
Cult Of Personality":2wsfroia said:
Fanfest were always a bit of a clique thing. Good but definitely a clique. Sadly the bar won't take people away from the brit and other pubs and with limited membership that will only increase. I just wish Argyle had built a bar that could have fitted more fans instead of a small group of niche fans
correct Argyle should have built there own bar on the back of the grandstand to generate there own income.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
loyal1970":2z7pi0ud said:
Cult Of Personality":2z7pi0ud said:
Fanfest were always a bit of a clique thing. Good but definitely a clique. Sadly the bar won't take people away from the brit and other pubs and with limited membership that will only increase. I just wish Argyle had built a bar that could have fitted more fans instead of a small group of niche fans
correct Argyle should have built there own bar on the back of the grandstand to generate there own income.

Which they could not afford to do, so if the GT's had not stepped in there wouldn't be any new bar.

Does anyone know why there is a restriction on members? Does there have to be?

I would have thought that allowing anyone to join for £50 and then having an online booking system on a first come first served basis game by game would be as fair as it could be to everyone? Its clearly put some noses out of joint which would no way be the GT's intentions. If 2000 people joined there would be £100k in joining fees straight away.

Daz":21xdm0bz said:
loyal1970":21xdm0bz said:
Cult Of Personality":21xdm0bz said:

Which they could not afford to do, so if the GT's had not stepped in there wouldn't be any new bar.

I would have thought that allowing anyone to join for £50 and then having an online booking system on a first come first served basis game by game would be as fair as it could be to everyone? Its clearly put some noses out of joint which would no way be the GT's intentions. If 2000 people joined there would be £100k in joining fees straight away.

Daz I think that the membership has been capped at capacity and not over subscribed, as they wanted to see how it will be used, how full etc.

It's obviously going to be very busy in the interim, as it's new and a great alternative. However if it becomes apparent that it's not operating at near to full capacity, or if that the system of members informing if they aren't attending and therefore freeing up day memberships isn't as successful as hoped, then I'm sure the membership quota will be looked at and revised if necessary if its a better solution.

I know I've been a member of several social clubs who had far more members than the venue could ever hold, but I guess they differed as they didn't really have such a focussed time where everyone wanted to be there enmasse.

However, if after 10 games or so, the attendance list is checked and theres a noticeable trend of say 20% of members not attending, I'd think it would sensible to consider increasing the membership quota by that amount.

The problem would come for the more popular games, say the local derbies, holiday games or if we drew a 'big' name in the cup. You'd have to manage entrance then and whether you did it on 'first come, first served', a ballot, reward regularity, etc. One thing is certain, there would always be a group of people left unhappy and the GT's would never be able to please all.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Daz":2v5cr393 said:
loyal1970":2v5cr393 said:
Cult Of Personality":2v5cr393 said:

Maybe offer a certain amount of 'season tickets' . And leave the rest on a match by match basis at a fiver a shot or something. Bookable online.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Moaning about the supporters bar....
Moaning about grandstand legroom.......
Moaning about radio comms.......
Moaning about online ticketing..........
BUT
NO moaning about the manager or the team. (You can tell we must be winning.) :whistle:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Leeder":363frqqi said:
One thing is certain, there would always be a group of people unhappy and the GT's would never be able to please all.

Aint that the truth!

Out of interest and a genuine question, does anyone have any idea what the capacity of the Brit would be roughly?

I've never been in there pre-match myself as when I've passed it looks a nightmare to get served, however it is packed to the rafters, so interested in how the capacity would compare to the two floors of the new build?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Leeder":fr9rttdo said:
Out of interest and a genuine question, does anyone have any idea what the capacity of the Brit would be roughly?

I've never been in there pre-match myself as when I've passed it looks a nightmare to get served, however it is packed to the rafters, so interested in how the capacity would compare to the two floors of the new build?

Was in there on Saturday. It isn't massive and usual Wetherspoons crapness in getting served. Difficult to to judge capacity but at least 300 I would say.

monkeywrench":1m61x04r said:
Leeder":1m61x04r said:

Was in there on Saturday. It isn't massive and usual Wetherspoons crapness in getting served. Difficult to to judge capacity but at least 300 I would say.

Cheers Monkeywrench, I was in there last night (actually had a £8.90 steak meal, which was much better than I anticipated it would be) after the Leyton Orient game and it was pretty packed then and it got me wondering how many you could pack in.

I guessed around similar, taking into account the outside area, but I don't think it would be my cup of tea, I struggle enough being crammed in and fighting my way to the bar in crowded away bars nowadays, although there is there app, I wonder if that works well for table service on match days???

Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
monkeywrench":c50qe56a said:
Leeder":c50qe56a said:

That would be a question for the fire authority. When I was issuing licences, they always used to say that the number of attendees would be between 1 and 3 per square metre, set down in what was called 'The Purple Guide', based on what was going on, ie. dancing would have a lower capacity than a standing audience at a lecture. Everything would then be predicated on the size of the fire exits which would determine how many people could leave within a certain time in an emergency. The widest exit is ignored for these purposes as the seat of a fire nearby would prevent its use. Other aspects would also limit capacity, such as weight loadings on suspended floors. I suspect that any premises where people are being passed over the heads of the crowd to get to the bar would be overcrowded.

Sep 25, 2010
monkeywrench":3vuw0awo said:
Leeder":3vuw0awo said:

As a guide, it depends on the match, for example,

When we played Colchester, 10,500 , in was packed at 1.00 , almost 10 deep at the bar, didn’t help y the lack of staff.

Last night, v the Orient 5,500, at 6.00 pm, it was easy to get a drink.

Therefore, it depends on the crowd.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Leeder":2xy74105 said:
monkeywrench":2xy74105 said:
Leeder":2xy74105 said:

Cheers Monkeywrench, I was in there last night (actually had a £8.90 steak meal, which was much better than I anticipated it would be) after the Leyton Orient game and it was pretty packed then and it got me wondering how many you could pack in.

I guessed around similar, taking into account the outside area, but I don't think it would be my cup of tea, I struggle enough being crammed in and fighting my way to the bar in crowded away bars nowadays, although there is there app, I wonder if that works well for table service on match days???

The app worked fine for food. Didn't try it for drinks as we got a couple of 2 pint jugs early doors.