Swansea huge losses. Keep our finances in perspective? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Swansea huge losses. Keep our finances in perspective?

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
We own the stadium... surely that's by far and away our biggest asset and worth a big chunk on its own.
There's only so much you could do with Home Park compared to a ground which doesn't have any restrictive covenants on it.

The playing squad would be a fair bit more than the stadium at the moment I would suggest.

Jun 27, 2019
There's only so much you could do with Home Park compared to a ground which doesn't have any restrictive covenants on it.

The playing squad would be a fair bit more than the stadium at the moment I would suggest.
I did think that. Though it would surely add value to the club compared to one that didn't own its own ground - particularly given how much income it generates nowadays outside of matchdays.

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
I did think that. Though it would surely add value to the club compared to one that didn't own its own ground - particularly given how much income it generates nowadays outside of matchdays.
It adds security to the football club rather than just financial value, but I agree, it would make the club more appealing than a comparator that didn't own its stadium to someone who intended to run it as a going concern rather than seeking to develop the site into something else more lucrative.

Jul 29, 2012
Yes, at league one somebody who is wealthy but not worth hundreds of millions can afford to own a club largely as a hobby, as Simon has done, at championship level, unfortunately, you need a next level of wealth.

The Wrexham actors will probably find their ceiling in league one. Wrexham may be promoted again, but they will not be staying in the championship long.
They clearly have plans :

They’ve also reportedly just sold 5% of their shareholding to an international consortium including Eva Longoria ( actress) and Oldel Beckham Junior ( NFl star) and also bought 5% of a Mexican side .

Looking at their accounts they spent more in wages getting to league 2 than we did from league 1 to 2 . That season they had turnover of £10M compared to ours last season of £14M . Their sponsor is united airlines and over 30% of their income comes from outside the uk .

They will be a force in league 1 and will probably be able to compete in the championship.

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton

They’ve also reportedly just sold 5% of their shareholding to an international consortium including Eva Longoria ( actress) and Oldel Beckham Junior ( NFl star) and also bought 5% of a Mexican side .

Looking at their accounts they spent more in wages getting to league 2 than we did from league 1 to 2 . That season they had turnover of £10M compared to ours last season of £14M . Their sponsor is united airlines and over 30% of their income comes from outside the uk .

They will be a force in league 1 and will probably be able to compete in the championship.
Hopefully the call it The Tradium!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY

Wrexham has a population of circa 59,000. The new owners are expecting over 90% of the locals to pitch up in order to watch the club's matches. They would do well to use You Gov first in order to determine potential attendance.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
They’re clearly utterly deluded - that bubble will burst soon enough when the road starts getting rocky. All they’ve known are promotions so far in their tenure. Frankly, I absolutely loathe Wrexham who are nothing more than a club that has bought its recent success.:cautious:

Reactions: greenlord

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
Wrexham has a population of circa 59,000. The new owners are expecting over 90% of the locals to pitch up in order to watch the club's matches. They would do well to use You Gov first in order to determine potential attendance.
This is taking "If you build it, they will come" to its ultimate zenith!