SWPL | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

SWPL

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Mum will be proud as Alex Battle completes his hat trick and its Argyle 5-2 St Austell after 81.

Feb 9, 2013
An interesting neutral viewpoint on the game from League secretary Phil Hiscox:
SWP Premier Division : Plymouth Argyle 5 St Austell 2
A thrilling and high quality game at Coach Road tonight with the current top two in the table going head to head.
Having not seen St Austell so far this season, but having heard good things about them, I was suitably impressed in the opening half of the contest as they started much the livelier and were on the front foot in the opening period. It came as no surprise when they took the lead, being scored by Mark Goldsworthy from a clear penalty kick award after 18 minutes and just three minutes later it was 2-0 as Goldsworthy again was on target, this time from open play. Although Argyle had some chances, including one stop superbly by visiting keeper Jason Chapman, it was still a surprise when Argyle reduced the arrears with virtually the last action of the first half, a free kick wasnā€™t cleared and Rio Garside poked the loose ball home.
The second half though saw the Pilgrims by far the better side, they were the side doing all the attacking and soon levelled with Alex Battle scoring from a 49th minute free kick. Just after the hour mark a superb run and well placed shot from Battle gave the hosts the lead for the first time at 3-2 and within minutes it was 4-2 as Lolos shot home from the edge of the box. The scoring was completed in the 81st minute with the impressive Alex Battle again scoring and in doing so completing his hat trick.
A lot is said about facing a ā€œstrongā€ or ā€œweakā€ Argyle team ā€“ I have seen both, and seen both win and lose. Yes playing the ā€œstarā€ names may give a certain authority to a bad result against them, but tonight was another young team fielded as the club were also hosting Swindon Town in the Checkatrade Trophy at Home Park, but the performance, and the result against a strong and quality team like St Austell, proves football is decided on the pitch, 11 v 11, and not by the ā€œnamesā€ on the team-sheet !

Jan 25, 2011
plymouth
davie nine":83v5w88i said:
Can anyone advise the SWPL team please?

Harry Townsend; Harry Hodges, Michael Peck, Jordan Bentley, Ryan Law; Aaron Goulty, Adam Randell, Cameron Sangster, Rio Garside; Alex Battle, Klaidi Lolos. Substitutes (not used): Jude Boyd, Reuben Collum, Isaac Burdon, Ollie Tomlinson.

Feb 28, 2016
Carl Barnard":49fjaa5y said:
Dyson to start next game simple as that, goals is goals, something which we canā€™t do! Canā€™t do any worse

Alex Battle has scored more in the SWPL ā€œgoals is goals.ā€

Nov 9, 2008
Carl Barnard":3tzxlohd said:
Dyson to start next game simple as that, goals is goals, something which we canā€™t do! Canā€™t do any worse

Watch him play and you won't want him starting.

Nov 9, 2008
Carl Barnard":3m2fyihr said:
mde203":3m2fyihr said:
Carl Barnard":3m2fyihr said:

Watch him play and you won't want him starting.

There must be something there, you donā€™t have a career at Everton if your a poor player oh hang on..... Conor Grant did.. :funny:

Seriously, whenever I've seen him play for the SWPL side, he's looked ess effective than any of the home-grown young attackers. I don't see it.

May 8, 2011
There is a Central League match against Bristol Rovers on Tuesday so it will interesting to see if Dyson and Fletcher both start.