Talking of FA Cup Games................ | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Talking of FA Cup Games................

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Yes I remember getting scared as the crush grew and grew and the coppers standing on the opposite side of the fence got more and more blasé. I remember the crush easing considerably as some 'decanted' into a separate section, a real sigh of relief and intake of breath!

I also remember leaving, it was still crushed and my Greek philosophers (dodgy knees) were aching. So my left leg gave way (couldn't feel my foot at all) and I lurched into the bloke in front grabbing both his shoulders! I apologised but it is no question in my mind that if I had gone down on those steps, I (and many others) would have died. very scarey. Thanks from history for holding me up fella! :thumbup:

So, because I had slowed and slipped, my brother grabbed my elbow and there was a small gap created. Then we moved on, the crush intensified and strangely my feet were off the ground!! The crush held me up, as people went down the steps my body kept going straight ahead!! In the end my waist was level with the crowds shoulders!! Really bizarre! Coppers still staring at me presumably thinking that I was 'messing around'! :facepalm: Sank back down as we got to the gate but Wow!! :shock:

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
The worst experience I had was as a teenager in the Devonport v Santos. Ended up on the steel girders on the back of the stand to get out of the crush.

Jan 27, 2012
Without looking up the game on Greens on Screen, am I right in saying Owen Pickard scored ? Or was it Darren Rowbotham ?

Cherry was a shock inclusion and played poorly that day. But by the time he left Argyle he had turned into a very good goalkeeper.

Mar 22, 2020
Darren Rowbothom scored a very good consolation goal in a 6-1 defeat. I missed the kick off too. Couldn't get through the turnstiles, there was just a wall of people trying to get to the terrace. We were led through a tunnel under the nearest home stand to a segregation pen, where we watched the match surrounded by police. Arsenal made a pigs ear of accommodating the green army that day. Could have gone tragically wrong. West Brom also crammed us in that corner, dangerously tight. When we scored the crowd serge was crazy. And Derby County OMG I was pinned against that fence with seats bottles even Police helmets crashing into it! They didn't take defeat very gracefully in the C stand.

I was there, in the Clock End. Felt very tight both standing and on the way out. A week or so later at Elm Park, I seem to remember someone saying they were getting a petition together to complain about it. I often wonder if that went any further.

Of course, this was all pre-Hillsborough.