Taylor, Ladapo and the Wider Impact | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Taylor, Ladapo and the Wider Impact

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
IJN":3dwhrf7a said:
I'm not a Freddie fan, BUT on Saturday I was with a couple of famous football pundits and both said he was easily the best player on the pitch. :wtf:

:wtf: I don't get it either, but it does make you wonder if they see something that we're all missing for some reason.
It probably says more about the rest of the team then it does about Freddie.

Mar 16, 2009
London
IJN":3kewtf9p said:
I'm not a Freddie fan, BUT on Saturday I was with a couple of famous football pundits and both said he was easily the best player on the pitch. :wtf:

:wtf: I don't get it either, but it does make you wonder if they see something that we're all missing for some reason.

Speak for yourself Ian. I’ve been singing his praises since that goal away v Millwall. Yes I got abuse on here for it (this was before he started scoring consistently) but I think it’s easy to spot a striker that’s got the potential play at a much higher level. Freddie creates goals out of nothing. That’s a seriously valuable asset.

Jul 3, 2006
Justin":ciilwk7h said:
IJN":ciilwk7h said:

Speak for yourself Ian. I’ve been singing his praises since that goal away v Millwall. Yes I got abuse on here for it (this was before he started scoring consistently) but I think it’s easy to spot a striker that’s got the potential play at a much higher level. Freddie creates goals out of nothing. That’s a seriously valuable asset.

I thought the same Justin... wondering 'what we're missing' about Ladapo? Maybe the bit where he picked the ball up on almost the halfway line, turned the defender inside out and put an unstoppable finish past the keeper for his 18th goal of the season? He'd have got 30+ if he'd been playing for a top 6 team, and we'd have been sunk weeks ago without him.

I don't really agree with the premise of this thread in general. Ladapo's hold up play isn't as good as Taylor's but it's not as bad as some are making out. Carey isn't playing as well as he did last season, but that's more to do with his individual form. Lameiras is scoring as freely as he did with Taylor in the team. I don't think that dropping Ladapo would somehow tease more goals out of Sarcevic, Ness etc.

As a team we've scored a respectable amount of goals this season, the problems are at the other end of the pitch.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Not to worry Brixton, I started a thread on centre backs this morning too.

Feel free to comment on there. :lol:

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":1yrkqxh8 said:
Justin":1yrkqxh8 said:
IJN":1yrkqxh8 said:

I thought the same Justin... wondering 'what we're missing' about Ladapo? Maybe the bit where he picked the ball up on almost the halfway line, turned the defender inside out and put an unstoppable finish past the keeper for his 18th goal of the season? He'd have got 30+ if he'd been playing for a top 6 team, and we'd have been sunk weeks ago without him.

I don't really agree with the premise of this thread in general. Ladapo's hold up play isn't as good as Taylor's but it's not as bad as some are making out. Carey isn't playing as well as he did last season, but that's more to do with his individual form. Lameiras is scoring as freely as he did with Taylor in the team. I don't think that dropping Ladapo would somehow tease more goals out of Sarcevic, Ness etc.

As a team we've scored a respectable amount of goals this season, the problems are at the other end of the pitch.

But there was no suggestion of dropping Ladapo - just a way to get more out of the team. And to some extent play to Ladapo's strengths.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
This thread reminds me of Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole although I am not aware that Ryan and Freddie are ‘at loggerheads’. There really must be a way to fit them both into the team.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Not made it to many away games this season, but was at Donny and Ladapo was totally ineffective first half against two decent centre backs. Taylor came on at half time and suddenly the ball was being held up more and chances were made. It remains to be seen why we haven’t started with both in away games, particularly against the lower half teams.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

I hate this idea that it's one or the other and I'm not talking about playing them as a pair either.

Stick with me for this one but why not play Freddie when he is best suited to the game plan and the opposition and play Taylor when he is best suited to the game plan and the opposition?

Freddie is evidently better at running on the ball and scoring goals. Taylor is evidently better at holding the ball up and bringing others in to play. Both are evidently good players to have in the squad. Why not make the most of that and play to their individual strengths?

Outlandish I know.

Jan 27, 2012
I would rather have Taylor playing in Adams' system. He holds the ball up very well and brings other players into the game, particularly Carey, Sarcevic and Lameris. I think this creates more scoring opportunities overall. So even though it seems daft to drop the top scorer (Ladapo) it might lead to more goals overall and a more solid formation.