The Argyle badge | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Argyle badge

Apr 15, 2020
Biggs":qg5s1dja said:
That's one of the best I've seen. The font, colours and boldness are spot on but I think it has to have the shield and the current Mayflower image.

Being greedy but could you have a go at keeping the current shield (maybe with the green, white and black outline you have there) and incorporate the same font Plymouth Argyle under it?

The Spurs badge is perfect, because you can use it with and without the Tottenham Hotspur wording...

brand.gif

Thanks. I personally think the current mayflower image is 'too busy' and detailed to be in a modern logo.

I've drafted what I think you were asking to see?

Argyle-logo-Copy.jpg

Argyle-logo-Copy-2.jpg

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Exactly what I was after, thanks :nworthy:

The shield looks absolutely fantastic there, the wording looks good and I'm sure there's a way of really making it fit with the shield perfectly.

But you could just have the shield alone on the shirts, and just put the wording underneath whenever you want.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Just to add, I'd bring back the 1911 badge below and use it alongside the current main badge as a throwback option (they do this a lot with US sports). Like when we have a very retro shirt we can use that on it, instead of the modern crest.

(I hope the new Argyle account is reading all these threads :lol:)

71Jjqf30UYL._SX355_.jpg

Oct 31, 2015
edengreen":537j6432 said:
I'm sure in the early 80s we had a shirt with a pilgrims hat as the badge

I think youre thinking of the pilgrims shirt. Local company I think but it still had the mayflower crest on it. I have one somewhere.

Not that it would fit me now :sad:

Oh that 2009 badge brings back nightmares. Wasn't that the "new something" that took us into admin :furious:

I like badge we have now tbh.

Aug 12, 2016
Bang Phra. Thailand
A helpful extract from the Argyle page on the wonderful 'Historical Football Kits' may help regarding the Pilgrim Hat

Between 1982 and 1987 the club's kits were supplied by a local firm, appropriately called
"Pilgrim" - a number of other teams in the south-west, notably Torquay also wore Pilgrim
kits at this time. Pilgrim's outfits saw the welcome reintroduction of the Mayflower crest.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Plymout ... Argyle.htm