The best £10 you could spend | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The best £10 you could spend

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Balham_Green":3vzwwqs2 said:
jimsing":3vzwwqs2 said:
I am a season ticket holder and also paid for a season ticket for my grandson.

The choice we had at the start of the season was to buy a season ticket in the Grandstand as usual, with only the possibility of a return to Home Park in October, or to not pay for a season ticket but would then have to pay on the day (at a far more expensive price ) when we did return to Home Park, with the possibility of our seats having been purchased by another supporter.

We knew the returning to Home Park in October was only a possibility and not a certainty, but there was also talk of an extension of watching the games live on iFollow but again there was no certainty of what had been decided.

We made our choice and purchased our seat tickets in advance.

As it now transpires, we cannot yet go to Home Park to watch the game, and have no idea when we can, but we have been provided with the ability to watch the game live in the comfort of our own home.

I also feel privileged to be able to watch all away games "live" for a fee of only £10, which I have not been able to do up to now, and have no regrets about paying more than the £10 per home match (up to now) but with no expense of having to travel to the match, although I do miss my Dewdney pasty on the way to Home Park and the camaraderie of those sitting nearby.

It will be even sweeter when we can return to Home Park, but for the time being I am more than satisfied with what the EFL and the Club have provided.

You pays your money and you takes your choice (or is it chance?)

£10 or £17 per match, who cares? Why are we arguing?

Hindsight can be a wonderful thing, shame you do not get it until after the event takes place!!!

Don't you think it unfair season ticket holders have to pay more though? I never thought fans would be allowed back in October despite the views of some (Owl :facepalm: ) but I think many were led to believe that was likely.

Including Premier League, EFL and Government. :facepalm:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
£17 for a season ticket holder? This one has cost me £27!

I clicked on the button to pay using the saved card details from last time and boom, £10 charged to my account before I had chance to put in the voucher code. Called the ticket office and was told this is an EFL issue and I have to email them. I have received an automated email saying someone will get back to me soon, but not heard any more in 24hrs. I’ll be surprised if they do get back to me on this.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As crap as they are Keith, they’ve always sorted issues for me. Eventually.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
jimsing":3ifk9k7b said:

The choice we had at the start of the season was to buy a season ticket in the Grandstand as usual, with only the possibility of a return to Home Park in October, or to not pay for a season ticket but would then have to pay on the day (at a far more expensive price ) when we did return to Home Park, with the possibility of our seats having been purchased by another supporter.

We knew the returning to Home Park in October was only a possibility and not a certainty, but there was also talk of an extension of watching the games live on iFollow but again there was no certainty of what had been decided.

As it now transpires, we cannot yet go to Home Park to watch the game, and have no idea when we can, but we have been provided with the ability to watch the game live in the comfort of our own home.

I also feel privileged to be able to watch all away games "live" for a fee of only £10, which I have not been able to do up to now, and have no regrets about paying more than the £10 per home match (up to now) but with no expense of having to travel to the match, although I do miss my Dewdney pasty on the way to Home Park and the camaraderie of those sitting nearby.

It will be even sweeter when we can return to Home Park, but for the time being I am more than satisfied with what the EFL and the Club have provided.

Hindsight can be a wonderful thing, shame you do not get it until after the event takes place!!!

Great post.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Balham_Green":nkzqizhk said:
[

Don't you think it unfair season ticket holders have to pay more though?

Personally, no.
I bought my season ticket primarily to support the club financially, without any idea of when I might get to attend or how much it would cost to watch per game on iFollow. Luckily, I can afford it and have no issue with the pricing for non ST holders.
Having said that, I would imagine some have entered into it from a different perspective and might feel aggrieved that it works out more expensive. There were however, no guarantees when purchasing.

tonsk

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
tonsk":3nop8mga said:
Balham_Green":3nop8mga said:
[

Don't you think it unfair season ticket holders have to pay more though?

Personally, no.
I bought my season ticket primarily to support the club financially, without any idea of when I might get to attend or how much it would cost to watch per game on iFollow. Luckily, I can afford it and have no issue with the pricing for non ST holders.
Having said that, I would imagine some have entered into it from a different perspective and might feel aggrieved that it works out more expensive. There were however, no guarantees when purchasing.

tonsk

Exactly the same here from my point of view

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
IJN":iw2ju2s6 said:
As crap as they are Keith, they’ve always sorted issues for me. Eventually.

It’s the word ‘eventually’. I can’t see a refund happening after I’ve watched the match. Put it down to experience, I suppose.

If by any chance I do get a refund, I’ll pop it in a sponsorship fund or suchlike. I’ve been a bit crap with that sort of thing recently.

Sep 6, 2006
Devongreenowl":fartffap said:
Balham_Green":fartffap said:
jimsing":fartffap said:

Don't you think it unfair season ticket holders have to pay more though? I never thought fans would be allowed back in October despite the views of some (Owl :facepalm: ) but I think many were led to believe that was likely.

Including Premier League, EFL and Government. :facepalm:

You are in good company then :funny:

Feb 8, 2005
Balham_Green":3pup6yhc said:
jimsing":3pup6yhc said:

No likely, Balham, just a possibility.

I expect you regard season ticket holders paying less for their season tickets than pay on the day is also unfair!

Swings and roundabouts, mate.

We season ticket holders made our decision with the facts that we were given at the time, and we knew the possibility of the goalposts moving when we paid.

I don't think you will find many that will be moaning about overpaying or many that will deny the Club the extra revenue.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
jimsing":xodpcz6e said:

I expect you regard season ticket holders paying less for their season tickets than pay on the day is also unfair!

We season ticket holders made our decision with the facts that we were given at the time, and we knew the possibility of the goalposts moving when we paid.

I don't think you will find many that will be moaning about overpaying or many that will deny the Club the extra revenue.

The thing is, when the season tickets went on sale on 27 July the future looked ok, Covid was on the retreat and it looked like by October we'll be back in stadiums but now the Covid situation is bad again, some fans circumstances have changed and may have lost their job and see paying £7 more to watch a game as a cost they cannot afford and might think the whole £395 they paid at that time could have now been spent elsewhere.
It's not the fault of the club or any fan, it's just another awful situation caused by Covid.

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":3dw4fkxb said:
jimsing":3dw4fkxb said:

The thing is, when the season tickets went on sale on 27 July the future looked ok, Covid was on the retreat and it looked like by October we'll be back in stadiums but now the Covid situation is bad again, some fans circumstances have changed and may have lost their job and see paying £7 more to watch a game as a cost they cannot afford and might think the whole £395 they paid at that time could have now been spent elsewhere.
It's not the fault of the club or any fan, it's just another awful situation caused by Covid.

When l brought my season ticket l didn’t think ld be seeing a match before Christmas.

To be honest, l wasn’t convinced I would see a match until about February.

I just wanted to support OUR club.

It’s not much in the grand scheme of things when l think what others do but l just feel like lm contributing in some sort of way.

It’s not like l can afford to just give away £350+ each year but it’s means little to me in the grand scheme of things because supporting Argyle and keeping this club alive can’t be substituted for any amount of money.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Metal_Green_Mickey":2bkpwmju said:
PL2 3DQ":2bkpwmju said:
jimsing":2bkpwmju said:

When l brought my season ticket l didn’t think ld be seeing a match before Christmas.

To be honest, l wasn’t convinced I would see a match until about February.

I just wanted to support OUR club.

It’s not much in the grand scheme of things when l think what others do but l just feel like lm contributing in some sort of way.

It’s not like l can afford to just give away £350+ each year but it’s means little to me in the grand scheme of things because supporting Argyle and keeping this club alive can’t be substituted for any amount of money.

This is exactly how I felt. I knew there would be a second wave, history and society's inability to care about others meant it was guaranteed.

I'm just glad I've been able to afford my little bit to keep the club going for when this mess is all over.