The cost of Brent's bid? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The cost of Brent's bid?

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
argyleiggy":1lfbp4f1 said:
My main question and concern was about the football debt being paid by the scant resources of the club over the next 3 years. As for gratitude, fine I have heaps of it in store for later until then I remain the inquisitive barsteward I have always been. An opponent of Brent? Not at all, I am just not ready to join the happy clappy Brent is god clique just yet, not that I would ever be invited :lol:

Iggy – you’ve got every right to ask (politely) about details of the takeover. In fact one thing we must have learnt from this awful experience is that in future we must protect ourselves by digging and asking awkward questions before the brown stuff hits the fan (or rather the fans) again.

BUT (and a big BUT here) that doesn’t mean you have to be so bloody miserable about it. Christ - if you can’t have a few moments of celebration and ‘happy-clappiness’ when we have been pulled back from the brink of liquidation and (possibly even worse?) from the sleazy hands of Heaney, BIL & Ridsdale you might aswell just take a stroll along the Tamar bridge and end it all. Is Brent God? No – but nothing in his record shows him to be anything other than an honest, decent, successful businessman with local links who wants to help the club at the same time as making a few bob for his business interests. He’s conducted himself in a dignified and transparent manner throughout the process and openly engaged with the trust and fans even when BIL & Guilfoyle were jerking us about. Something that does pee me off is the way people snipe about how all businessmen are only focussed on making as much money as possible for themselves and don’t give a toss about anything else. Now I’m fairly left-ish in my views but that’s just nonsense. There are businessmen and then there are businessmen. They’re not all Heaney/BIL types and in fact most actually do have a social conscience and all available evidence show Brent is one of them.

Brent is not God but right now he’s well up my list of living heroes and I’m going to enjoy a bit of hero worship for a while yet. That’s not to say in a few months the honeymoon will be over and I’ll be bitching about lack of dynamism, not being competitive in the transfer market, whingeing about the South stand etc.etc. but until then I’m going to enjoy the prospect and (please God) the reality of our deliverance from what could have been. Cheer-up you miserable sod!!

Feb 29, 2008
Ave_IT":z4e02ypg said:
argyleiggy":z4e02ypg said:
My main question and concern was about the football debt being paid by the scant resources of the club over the next 3 years. As for gratitude, fine I have heaps of it in store for later until then I remain the inquisitive barsteward I have always been. An opponent of Brent? Not at all, I am just not ready to join the happy clappy Brent is god clique just yet, not that I would ever be invited :lol:

Iggy – you’ve got every right to ask (politely) about details of the takeover. In fact one thing we must have learnt from this awful experience is that in future we must protect ourselves by digging and asking awkward questions before the brown stuff hits the fan (or rather the fans) again.

BUT (and a big BUT here) that doesn’t mean you have to be so bloody miserable about it. Christ - if you can’t have a few moments of celebration and ‘happy-clappiness’ when we have been pulled back from the brink of liquidation and (possibly even worse?) from the sleazy hands of Heaney, BIL & Ridsdale you might aswell just take a stroll along the Tamar bridge and end it all. Is Brent God? No – but nothing in his record shows him to be anything other than an honest, decent, successful businessman with local links who wants to help the club at the same time as making a few bob for his business interests. He’s conducted himself in a dignified and transparent manner throughout the process and openly engaged with the trust and fans even when BIL & Guilfoyle were jerking us about. Something that does pee me off is the way people snipe about how all businessmen are only focussed on making as much money as possible for themselves and don’t give a toss about anything else. Now I’m fairly left-ish in my views but that’s just nonsense. There are businessmen and then there are businessmen. They’re not all Heaney/BIL types and in fact most actually do have a social conscience and all available evidence show Brent is one of them.

Brent is not God but right now he’s well up my list of living heroes and I’m going to enjoy a bit of hero worship for a while yet. That’s not to say in a few months the honeymoon will be over and I’ll be bitching about lack of dynamism, not being competitive in the transfer market, whingeing about the South stand etc.etc. but until then I’m going to enjoy the prospect and (please God) the reality of our deliverance from what could have been. Cheer-up you miserable sod!!

Wrong on so many levels mate, not miserable, not anti Brent, just wanted a simple question answered, sun is shining, surf is up i'm off to the beach with a smile on my face. :cool:

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
argyleiggy":jxepkt5y said:
Ave_IT":jxepkt5y said:
argyleiggy":jxepkt5y said:

Wrong on so many levels mate, not miserable, not anti Brent, just wanted a simple question answered, sun is shining, surf is up i'm off to the beach with a smile on my face. :cool:

Glad to hear it. Invite's in the post :D