The Future ( whatever that is) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Future ( whatever that is)

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Graham Evans":6sznc8om said:
Count me in on this. Maybe if only season ticket holders were allowed in we could all sit 2 metres apart.

Apparently to all sit 2m apart in a stadium, only 9% of capacity would be allowed. That equates to around just 1,500 tickets at HP.

Sep 6, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":3mcvv4im said:
Graham Evans":3mcvv4im said:
Count me in on this. Maybe if only season ticket holders were allowed in we could all sit 2 metres apart.

Apparently to all sit 2m apart in a stadium, only 9% of capacity would be allowed. That equates to around just 1,500 tickets at HP.

Thats interesting. A question I asked earlier. This 2 m rule is not scientifically proven anyway. If we could get a couple of thousand in it would make a difference. A lot of clubs survive on that.

Apr 30, 2011
SinceIWasYoung":952etcus said:
Yes, as I donā€™t live in Plymouth it would be unfair of me to buy a season ticket but rarely use it so I hope the club are looking into ways where fans can give donations no matter how big or small.

This for me as well. I've bought some kits and bits and pieces for the kids but it would be good to know what we could do to help the club financially. I couldn't justify the cost of a season ticket but making some donations would be good.

Apr 30, 2011
Balham_Green":p13uf3ka said:
Lundan Cabbie":p13uf3ka said:
Graham Evans":p13uf3ka said:

Thats interesting. A question I asked earlier. This 2 m rule is not scientifically proven anyway. If we could get a couple of thousand in it would make a difference. A lot of clubs survive on that.

Also, season ticket holders from the same address would not need to sit apart. There are probably a fair number of them already but there could be targeted marketing to sell 'whole house' season tickets??

Oct 22, 2018
I only have the state pension and save up to purchase my season ticket. So I'm ready to buy next a season's ticket as soon as possible even if I can't attend. As for going back I think by September we could go back but I think there may well be mandatory use of masks and gloves.I would go for that but I am a wear that there are a lot of people in my age group,so each of us will have to make a very difficult decision. :thumbs:

Dec 4, 2011
Motivated by this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52790371

An alternative idea could be to allow people to give money to the EFL, who would then distribute it evenly to all clubs.
This would hopefully signify the beginning of a more fairer approach in football that we want to see and ensure that not just clubs with the most fans survive.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Many countries have a 1m rule. Makes you wonder if some countries go for 2m knowing that people will generally then keep AT LEAST 1m apart. A bit like the reason they wonā€™t raise the motorway speed limit. They know most people do more than 70, so if they raised the limit to 80ā€¦ā€¦

Jan 2, 2010
Devongreenowl":1rgb4oqa said:
Many countries have a 1m rule. Makes you wonder if some countries go for 2m knowing that people will generally then keep AT LEAST 1m apart. A bit like the reason they wonā€™t raise the motorway speed limit. They know most people do more than 70, so if they raised the limit to 80ā€¦ā€¦

So you would be happy breaking the law, but only if everyone else did?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Shadowknight":30shlyvf said:
Devongreenowl":30shlyvf said:

So you would be happy breaking the law, but only if everyone else did?

Where did I say that? :sigh:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
SinceIWasYoung":334gt0ue said:
Motivated by this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52790371

An alternative idea could be to allow people to give money to the EFL, who would then distribute it evenly to all clubs.
This would hopefully signify the beginning of a more fairer approach in football that we want to see and ensure that not just clubs with the most fans survive.

Whilst I like the idea of "contributing to the whole" I would only put money in the shared pot if there were financial controls on salaries etc being set first.

Not overly fair on the clubs like Argyle who are doing their best to live within their means to have to lose out some cash to other teams (i.e. macclesfield) who are poorly managed.