The game you wish you had been to.... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The game you wish you had been to....

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It was yes. I will never forget the abandoned game, never been so cold in my life.
Back on topic the game I was sorry to miss was the Derby quarter final replay. I just couldn't get there that evening and ended up playing pool for my local away at Park Bottom, near Illogan They let me play first and I spent the evening outside in the car listening to the radio commentary.
Best game without a doubt the 3 nil at QPR whilst at college in London. Also managed to see the Jan Tomaszewski show for Poland against England at Wembley soon after when we failed to qualify for the World Cup. That was the loudest crowd I had been in.

May 11, 2019
If I remember correctly Mickey Horswell got sent off in the Blizzard against Bradford, we stayed up by beating Port Vale 3-2 at home I think they got relegated, we then spanked Bradford who had already been relegated, watched from the Barn Park as the roof in the Devonport was unsafe and just about to be removed.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
FA Cup Semi Final at Villa Park 1984.

I know we lost but the atmosphere must have been amazing.

My uncle was captain of Plymouth Albion and family ties meant that I was at Beacon Park that day.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Alan Turing":1mi92h9v said:

My uncle was captain of Plymouth Albion and family ties meant that I was at Beacon Park that day.

They were very strong family ties Alan! There can’t have been many there with you!

Sep 23, 2003
London
Alan Turing":kg31zd1m said:

Same for me though for a different reason. My parents had booked a family holiday to Majorca, leaving Heathrow in the early hours of the Sunday morning. They refused to change our plans of staying with relatives in Hounslow the day before. I was too young to do anything about it and was absolutely fuming (and still am).

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Thanks for the memories (or lack of them)

The Colchester play Off game was another I missed but watched the highlights today from the site.

I was in Los Angeles ( staying at the Hollywood Argyle...fab Art Deco hotel on Sunset) as I had to attend E3 ( the games expo ) for my work. My boss had threatened to sack me when he saw the name of the hotel unless to was OK....we stayed there every year after that bar one when we stayed at the Mondrian up the road....and then came back....

So I received a message from my then girlfriend now wife with the score which was transcribed as Plymouth ( she was new) 3 Culture 1....big cheer on Sunset as I did the rudimentary maths and realised I was going to Wembley!

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Devongreenowl":shx79pft said:
Alan Turing":shx79pft said:

They were very strong family ties Alan! There can’t have been many there with you!

It was a long time ago but I recall quite a big crowd at Beacon Park that day.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I sung and shouted so hard that game I suffered esopahugul spasms for a week. Had to go Drs and he told me that he had several in that week.

Sounds funny but frightened the hell out of me. Cramp in your tongue is something no one needs to go through. :greensmile:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
IJN":2681x68k said:
I sung and shouted so hard that game I suffered esopahugul spasms for a week. Had to go Drs and he told me that he had several in that week.

Sounds funny but frightened the hell out of me. Cramp in your tongue is something no one needs to go through. :greensmile:

Didn’t realise it was so exciting at Albion :whistle: :coat:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've only been there once, it was a wedding and even that was crap! :greensmile: