The Greatest Pilgrims | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Greatest Pilgrims

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
Mark Smith heads my list of CB by a mile. Mike Green also,Tony Book at FB, Ernie Machin 2nd best ever player, followed by Barry Silkman CM, Mariner undisputed best ever player.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Keyham Pilgrim":p2ps7qcy said:
No problem with Coughlan being named number 1. My favourite centre back was number 11 Mark Smith. However a few centre backs I liked over the years who did not make the list who I thought deserved a mention were Adrian Burrows, Lindsay Smith and Tony James.

Definitely agree re Adrian Burrows. Played in the second tier for Argyle and was a very solid defender. Used to see him around Exeter a lot when I lived near Pinhoe where he was/is a postie. Nice guy

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Keyham Pilgrim":1x3qqgws said:
No problem with Coughlan being named number 1. My favourite centre back was number 11 Mark Smith. However a few centre backs I liked over the years who did not make the list who I thought deserved a mention were Adrian Burrows, Lindsay Smith and Tony James.

Mark Smith - ex Wednesday, but didnā€™t stay down here long did he?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Devongreenowl":2o4ug6dh said:
Keyham Pilgrim":2o4ug6dh said:

Mark Smith - ex Wednesday, but didnā€™t stay down here long did he?

Should have checked before I posted. Didnā€™t realise heā€™d spent 3 seasons down here.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
No problem it's all about personal opinions, its interesting who people really rate. I have sat next to a few people who love players, who I thought were average and vice versa.

Aug 5, 2015
Sonny Bradley 4th? OK he was good in an average team but one of our best ever centre halfā€™s I donā€™t think so. More than adequate yes but no better than half a dozen others going back to the late 60sk. I must be getting terribly old

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Kentishgreen":1exp62rf said:
Sonny Bradley 4th? OK he was good in an average team but one of our best ever centre halfā€™s I donā€™t think so. More than adequate yes but no better than half a dozen others going back to the late 60sk. I must be getting terribly old

Well I am terribly old and I agree with you.
Liked Bradley in that team with that manager but to have him 4th? All time?? :crazy:
Hector Heathcote at 6th, Nelson 8th, Marker 9th, even dear ole Neil Hague in 25th?
All come above Sonny for me :thumbs:

Aug 5, 2015
Canā€™t disagree with that. Looking at the ā€œtopā€ 25 I can see at least 10 who were at least as good as Bradley and many of whom a darn sight better! And the list doesnā€™t even include George Foster who was a revelation when he switched to centre half.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I will be very interested to see how Sonny Bradley performs in the Championship.
I think he was underrated by many Argyle supporters and that he will cope very well.
He certainly didnā€™t look outclassed in the Liverpool FA Cup games.

Aug 5, 2015
I think if Ladapo gets rated above Mariner, Rafferty or Tynan itā€™s time to retreat to the corner with a pint of soothing vodka.

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
monkeywrench":3lt3jilw said:
Gary Poole the best fullback I've seen at Argyle.

Iā€™d agree with that.

Mar 18, 2014
Sammy Black and Jack Leslie not mentioned. Both were wide players.

I thought it was GREATEST pilgrims, not FAVOURITE players

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Vampires11":3aj2x5sh said:
Sammy Black and Jack Leslie not mentioned. Both were wide players.

I thought it was GREATEST pilgrims, not FAVOURITE players

Agree with you about Sammy, but Jack Leslie is in at number 6.

Jake Jervis 25? I would struggle to put him in my top 2500