The 'how about' merged thread | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The 'how about' merged thread

Jul 29, 2010
the_corkscrew":1maigdn6 said:
If you're thinking Argyle will be signing obvious targets, who are scoring dozens of goals, and outbidding the queue of interested clubs....... think again
Spot on. Folk shouldn't be thinking that way anyway. When was the last time we signed one of them?, have we ever really signed one of them?

We certainly haven't recently and won't any time soon.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
X Isle":281g535o said:
the_corkscrew":281g535o said:
If you're thinking Argyle will be signing obvious targets, who are scoring dozens of goals, and outbidding the queue of interested clubs....... think again
Spot on. Folk shouldn't be thinking that way anyway. When was the last time we signed one of them?, have we ever really signed one of them?

We certainly haven't recently and won't any time soon.

Bruce Bannister? :think:

Aug 5, 2016
the_corkscrew":10c39xbx said:

Ryan Taylor wasn't found playing Conference football with a couple of League Two seasons under his belt. He also wasn't released by a League Two club mid-contract and doesn't have a reputation for having an attitude problem.

We need more Taylors and fewer Blissetts if we want to keep moving towards the Championship.

Nov 22, 2006
now before people take a pop I'm not really one for wanting every old player to return but couldn't help but notice Jamie Mackie is out of contract this summer, a willing runner who could play either on a wing or upfront and could still play League 1 (or even Championship) football still, his work ethic would fit into the way DA likes his players to be on the pitch, two things that would be his injury record over the last couple of years (not that has stopped DA signing someone up and still getting the best out of them), and being at Q.P.R he's probably on a few quid

not really a rumour just a thought

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Recent goalscoring record looks less than impressive, but we know he'd be a very willing runner and would probably cause League 1 centre-backs problems with his pace and strength. Impact sub perhaps?

Dec 18, 2008
Distracted for all of 30 secs before the Scunny game, but Jake Kean has just left Wednesday.

Perfect replacement for McCormick imo.

Thoughts?

C

Cult Of Personality

was never his biggest fan but i would take him back for a year and see what you get out of him . He is better then a Wydle Grant or Ainsworth

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Steve Evans":x8l7v7ya said:
he is a friend of joey barton.fleetwood town i think for jamie.
Barton’s got friends?

Jan 30, 2016
I rather liked that Roos fella that played one game for us. He was huge and his distribution was superb.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
It's a n interesting suggestion, although he will be 33 in September. Does he still have his electric pace and stamina?