The importance of Devine or Gyabi | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The importance of Devine or Gyabi

Jul 12, 2016
Mayor was excellent for us only last season when we were the League 1 Champions.

He’d be very useful to still have around given the current lack of a link between the midfield and the attack.
Don’t forget the opposition is of a much higher calibre than last season. Doubt he would have the space some league one sides gave him.

Jul 12, 2016
Au contraire I think he would have more space. Teams at this level are less defensive, against us anyway. He could beat the press by going past people.
Just thinking. The last game against PNE they were very quick to close us down.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Mayor was great every time we played a Championship team in the cup while he was here. Whether he could have kept up with it every week is another question, especially at this stage of his career, but the ability was definitely there.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
It’s on the official site now that Darko has returned to Leeds for treatment and is doubtful he will play for us again this season. Such a shame as i liked him and he definitely is one of our better midfielders.

I was gutted when I saw this. I saw him as potentially being our Jude Bellingham and playing in a more advance role.

Reactions: Shocking
Apr 24, 2023
To be honest i'd rather see Callum Wright in the side than Devine who has been a massive disappointment since he arrived to a fanfare of trumpets, he's bang average in my opinion, Wright has skin in the game and a point to prove playing for a move or a shot in the team next season.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I look at the team & without Gyabi now, l wonder about the physicality of our team. Especially away from home, l think we can get bullied.

I do think for Argyle to stay up we need someone to get on the ball & get the team back to doing what it does best. Fast breaks & speed of transition on the counter. This maybe where l look to someone like Devine.

For years l’ve heard how good Houghton is. For a midfielder who doesn’t assist or score & (as Morsy showed for their first goal) he can be ran past with ease in defensive situations. So if it were me, l’d play Devine deeper, & see if this actually helps the way we pass the ball.

With a two man midfield of Houghton & Randell, l just think its too lightweight.