The new era | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The new era

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Agreed he has invested.. but has he invested into the playing side (that clearly Derek wants investment in to help us achieve a promotion push) or will he in the future?

Mar 14, 2009
I’m guessing when he talks about “the next level” he means promotion out of this league.

So what he is saying is that promotion out of this league with the fact some other owners spend (eg Fleetwood to bring in new players) is going to be very tough until we can invest more into the team. A warning to the fan base of having perhaps realistic expectations this season.

He then seem to quantify this remarks by saying although my playing budget has increased l had to use most of the increased budget on players to resign. (e.g. Taylor and Sarcevic) and that drastically changes how good his budget is when looking at building a squad.

I’m guessing this is why we didn’t resign Bradley because of the expense of resigning Taylor and Sarcevic and there simply wasn’t enough to resign Bradley and get the squad numbers in he wanted. So that was the compromise Adams made.

So next season when Carey’s contract ends lm guessing we will be in a similar situation because he will want decent money once again.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
It`s as clear as day that he is talking about the playing budget.

Feb 8, 2005
IJN":4gl208gv said:
My point was how can anyone say SH doesn't want to invest in the club?? He certainly has.

I'm not singling anyone out, just want to offer my take on that article.

Adams says that he was successful whilst working under financial constraints when at Ross County and he thought that was one reason why Brent hired him, and he is now doing the same at Argyle. Adams says that he only had, and spent, a small amount of transfer money to get us up from Div 2 to Div 1.

Errington asks him if he think that will change with a new majority shareholder. He replies No, but that there would need to be investment (into the team) for further progress. He then says that any increase would depend on commercial profits made by the Club which should be ploughed back into the team.

Errington asks him if he thought that the team had generated any extra revenue itself, and of course Adams agreed that average attendance figures had jumped up by several thousand, the Liverpool match had generated profit, and we had transfer money from sales, but that any similar money coming into the Club should now be put into the playing budget.

Adams said that there were many Chairmen in Div 1, and throughout football, that put in their own money into their Club, but that he did not think that Hallett would be in that camp, however he would have to confirm that with him.

He did say that extra money would be needed to compete at the top end of the division, and although his playing budget had been increased this season, players had to have an increase in their pay in order to keep them from leaving, and this took up the increase that he had been given.

I suggest that he is talking ONLY about the playing budget, which is in his domain, and would like to see any further profits be put into the playing side of the Club, and not now into infrastructure.

I think that he has had to go down the road of bringing in some youth, when he would like to get in more experienced players because of his budget.

On a personal note, I think it is about time we left the discussion about filling in the corners to another day, and hope that we can put all our extra revenue towards the playing budget in order to get the team up the leagues.

Just imagine what players Adams could bring to the Club if he had a bit of cash to spend.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Totally agree, if Adams were to be able to spend money I’m sure he’d use it wisely and we would have a genuine poo at promotion..

Sometimes you need to spend to get the right player, we can also have free transfers and good loans ..

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I don’t think he means spend money on player fees. More like putting more mone into the wage budget so we can compete better on players wages.

A

andyr1963

New era?

Clean sheet? Start again?

New owner having studied what the refurbished grandstand will achieve for Argyle thinks mmmmmmmmmm not really good enough. Shall we recalculate see if it is viable to complete the Grandstand anew as in Grandstand two tiers, filled in corners, matching the original plans of 2001

Wishful thinking? pie in the sky? Hopefully being considered, otherwise, not much of a new era is it?

Here's hoping for a big new fresh impetus building on what looks like solid foundations.

Onwards and upwards.
COYG

Aug 3, 2017
I think the cost of that was beyond the clubs current means. A stepping stone to increasing commercial revenues is better then no step at all.

Of course the money is easy to spend when it is not your money, eh?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
andyr1963":1ci59597 said:
New era?

New owner having studied what the refurbished grandstand will achieve for Argyle thinks mmmmmmmmmm not really good enough. Shall we recalculate see if it is viable to complete the Grandstand anew as in Grandstand two tiers, filled in corners, matching the original plans of 2001

Wishful thinking? pie in the sky? Hopefully being considered, otherwise, not much of a new era is it?

Here's hoping for a big new fresh impetus building on what looks like solid foundations.

Onwards and upwards.
COYG

The refurb isn't about seat capacity at this time, it's about what is behind and below the stand and what additional income that will bring. Empty seats wouldn't help the club move forward at this time.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Lundan Cabbie":3gy5qyan said:
andyr1963":3gy5qyan said:
New era?

Onwards and upwards.
COYG

The refurb isn't about seat capacity at this time, it's about what is behind and below the stand and what additional income that will bring. Empty seats wouldn't help the club move forward at this time.

That depends entirely on how forward thinking you are. If you are forward thinking enough, you build with aspirations of putting a Grandstand in place NOW, i.e. possibly not what is required now in league 1, but what would certainly benefit us when we inevitably return to tier2 as we always have throughout our history. Remember so long as we retain our current tier3 status, a possible tier 2 return is only ever 12 months away every year. I guarantee you when we get promoted the vast majority of people won't want cash spent on additional bricks and mortar then, they'll want it spent on the team, and rightly so.

The current Boardroom changes have created a potentially huge Watershed moment for Argyle. Let's hope the maximum amount of ambition is now shown.

Feb 8, 2005
There is forward planning and there is forward planning. There is also over-ambition.
Let's just concentrate on getting the team up to the Championship.
Otherwise we will never need to improve the infrastructure at all, and it will be a total waste of time and money if we do.
When we get to the Championship there will be every opportunity to increase funds through increased sponsorship, money from tv deals, etc.
Let the team prosper with money accrued because of the success of the team (eg increased gate income, possible transfer fees, etc)

T

The Grumpy Loyal

jimsing":1wwjktq4 said:
There is forward planning and there is forward planning. There is also over-ambition.
Let's just concentrate on getting the team up to the Championship.
Otherwise we will never need to improve the infrastructure at all, and it will be a total waste of time and money if we do.
When we get to the Championship there will be every opportunity to increase funds through increased sponsorship, money from tv deals, etc.
Let the team prosper with money accrued because of the success of the team (eg increased gate income, possible transfer fees, etc)

:lol: