The new traditions | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The new traditions

Jul 12, 2016
LC ,I know about the diagonal line of control but why isn't the referees assistant on the Lyndhurst side never on the Barnpark side and his opposite number on the halfway line to Devonport

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
smudja":2tfrhpi5 said:
another addition..

when did the pre match warm up start.. used to just come on the pitch and play

I remember before the regimented warm up that Kempy would come out on his own and do his own thing.

Jul 3, 2013
I think two of the most ridiculous common changes are the shirt numbers and goal music. Whats all that about!

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
IJN":3ltrw1pu said:
Post match warm down. What's that all about?

Used to get that walking to the pub

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
GreenThing":2l6nl2dq said:
Green_Matt":2l6nl2dq said:
BHS":2l6nl2dq said:
When did the high fencing come down on the Devonport and Barn Park ends?
That must have been around 98/99. Think they were still up when I started going regularly.

Yellow balls I would guess around 2003?

One tradition I miss is stadium management leaving supporters to make their own fun if they wanted it and leaving people alone generally. The assumption these days seems to be that we don't possess our own minds.

I would have thought very early 90’s as they were removed in response to Hillsborough.
Perhaps the ones I remember were low fences, but they were certainly fences.

Dec 3, 2005
New 'traditions' that can be dumped IMHO are the 2nd half Semper, goal music and players who are 'injured' having to go off the pitch - this just wastes time and is pointless, because as soon as play resumes they RUN back onto the pitch.

Feb 8, 2005
There should be a rule that dictates when a substitution is made then the player that is substituted should go off the pitch at their nearest place of exit, not walk slowly to the half way line from where they have just run to, knowing they were going to be subbed.

Gets my goat, that!!!!!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
38 replies on this so far on a relaxing Sunday.

Nobody seems to know when the last home game lap started.. perhaps one for .Memory Man or Steve from GoS?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
oldage":220qgrov said:
LC ,I know about the diagonal line of control but why isn't the referees assistant on the Lyndhurst side never on the Barnpark side and his opposite number on the halfway line to Devonport

Referees tend to run the right back to right back diagonal which then dictates which line the assistants take. Also if an assistant is always on the right wing of the attacking side, offside is always defenders to your right, attackers coming from the left. If they go to the other touchline the interpretation has to be reversed so therefore always being on the right is an attempt to keep confusion to a minimum.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
During my Argyle 'career' - when did the number of subs go from 1 to 3 to 5 to 7?

When did the physio equipment change from a bucket of cold water and a sponge to a kit bag a A and E hospital department would be proud of?

When did the obstruction rule become extinct? (it hasn't, really, it's just not enforced anymore).

When did goal nets change from loose hanging to tight box shape?

When did the Argyle team turn to face the fans and applaud before games start?