The Sun claim Sheff Utd in for Wright-Phillips. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Sun claim Sheff Utd in for Wright-Phillips.

T

t._green

I know what you mean John but we've already lost Noone for 300K, Reda 250k, with luck maybe Fallon too X?XK, Maclean want's away, Donelly?.

It's not like we've all got our heads in the sand, it's just sobering to think that without BWP's goals, where would we be now, and how much impact a relegation to league 2 would cost us, considering much reduced gates, lower income but still relatively high salary costs.

Strange thing is by advertising a desperate fire sale the vultures start circling in an ever decreasing spiral of doom, and Plymouth prices (not that they were ever much) down to half a dozen pasties and a flagon of scrumpy. I know things are pretty desperate now, but sometimes it's better not to advertise that too strongly, try and bluff it through to get the best deals we can get—we may then even get away with the bones of a team able to still cut the mustard in this division as well as paying off the revenue.

Feb 29, 2008
Five points off relegation, just about to lose our only goalscorer, I wonder how the rest of the season will go?

F

fangino

t._green":1df5nsre said:
I know what you mean John but we've already lost Noone for 300K, Reda 250k, with luck maybe Fallon too X?XK, Maclean want's away, Donelly?.

It's not like we've all got our heads in the sand, it's just sobering to think that without BWP's goals, where would we be now, and how much impact a relegation to league 2 would cost us, considering much reduced gates, lower income but still relatively high salary costs.

Strange thing is by advertising a desperate fire sale the vultures start circling in an ever decreasing spiral of doom, and Plymouth prices (not that they were ever much) down to half a dozen pasties and a flagon of scrumpy. I know things are pretty desperate now, but sometimes it's better not to advertise that too strongly, try and bluff it through to get the best deals we can get—we may then even get away with the bones of a team able to still cut the mustard in this division as well as paying off the revenue.

Agreed, selling BWP on the cheap would be absolute madness. Without his goals we really are relegation material and the cost of relegation would definately be the final nail in the coffin.

T

t._green

I really hope it doesn't come to any of those.

Different case entirely, I know, but the local club up here, a certain Brighton and Hove albion, are going from being x million in debt and playing at a run down athletic venue to a brand spanking new 22k-ish stadium and are buying players like Noone.

We on the other hand have a multi million pound international board who are prepared to see us wallow in the mire or even go to the wall before investing their money in the club.

Personally, above all else I would love to see an accountable locally based board who put their money where their mouth is. I also love us to consolidate in this division, not the one below, or have we forgotten already how difficult promotion is from any league.

A

Anonymous

I guess we will find out tonight if BWP is in the squad....

R

Rob_of_the_Greens

t._green":1nf0zr1y said:
Reda 250k

First I've heard of a specific figure. What's the source for the number you've given?